Lutron Smart Bridge (non-Pro)

I know that a Lutron binding exists for OH2 that supports implementation with the smart bridge pro, but I own a smart bridge (non-Pro) and am looking to connect this to my openHab setup. I know that the non-Pro bridge does not support telnet, but I found a post on the smartthings forum (https://community.smartthings.com/t/lutron-caseta-control-w-raspberry-pi/60064/17) where someone was able to utilize an SSH connection to access a non-Pro smart bridge. As I am an extreme noob when it comes to openHab, I’m wondering how easy it would be to make something similar work with openHab2. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I am looking to get a Smart Bridge working with OH3. Did you have any luck with your setup?

Yes. The latest Lutron binding supports the basic (non pro) smart bridge. The setup is a little more complicated, but the instructions on the binding page should walk you through it.

I am following the instructions. Is/was there any issues in upgrading the Python from 2.7 to 3? Seems the cert script needs Python 3.

Am expecting an error I am getting with Python 2 will go away with three. The error I am getting is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "get_lutron_cert.py", line 25, in <module>
    from cryptography import x509
ImportError: No module named cryptography