MagentaTV Binding for Deutsche Telekom MR 4xx

That build works much better for me.

The binding from the repro works without problems, but I currently only one MR connected and not two, that I test again in 2 weeks.

I post the test results.

Hello Timon,

I never installed a binding manually before. Maybe you can help me with my problem.

• I also installed openhab 2 (2.4.0.001) on my Synology NAS
  • I downloaded the ‘org.openhab.binding.magentatv-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar’ file from GitHub and copied it to the openhab addon folder on my NAS
  • Then I stopped and started openhab 2 service on my NAS
  • I checked via SSH in the openhab console the feature list and the bundle list
  • I found one entry like MagentaTV Binding with state installed and the Number 240
  • I tried to start this binding like bundle:start 240 and got the following error message:

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:

• Error starting bundle 240: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.magentatv [240]*
  • Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.jdt.annotation; resolution:=“optional”*
  • Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp*

Did I forget something? Where is my error to get this binding running?

Thank you for your help.
Dennis

you need to install the upnp support, see here: https://github.com/markus7017/org.openhab.binding.magentatv/blob/master/READMEbeta.md

1 Like

the binding supports more than 1 MR

To make it clear: That doesn’t mean that the binding is out of maintenance etc., just not yet started the PR to make it part of the standard distribution.

For me the current status works like charm since weeks.

Hello Markus,

thank you for this hint. I will try it soon.

Update: Now it is available!!! Perfekt. I have look for my credentials and will try to configure it later.

Best regards
Dennis

Hey

It don’t work for me. I always get the error ‘’ Timeout on pairing request!’’ or ‘’ failed: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: ‘’ while sometimes on my media reciver the alared pops up saying successful connect to openHAB.

this description is to unsharp, please provide a TRACE log

It doesn’t say much, just
[INFO ] [.magentatv.internal.MagentaTVHandler] - Reconnect media receiver Marcos Zimmer(xxxxx)
and
[INFO ] [tv.internal.handler.MagentaTVControl] - Send Pairing Request for device Marcos Zimmer (deviceID=xxx, type=PAD:openHAB, (xxx)

• turn TRACE mode on
  • delete the thing
  • re-discover
  • send log

Discovering doesn’t work at all, I manually added it

then something is wrong. Is the MR and the OH machine on the same local network? The MR must be on when you start the discovery

Yes, it’s on the same LAN, but not in the same subnet, openhab is on x.x.87.x and the media reciver on x. x. 2.x, but 87 can normally access devices on the 2 subnet.

UPnP discovery, which is used by the Binding does not work across subnets.

could you move the OH system (temporary) to the same subnet? It should be enough to just discover the device (getting the UDN + device ip) and then move it back to the original subnet
As @hmerkmentioned UPnP doesn’t wirk across different sub-nets.

You could also open the browser and enter
http://:41952/description.xml for a MR400/MR200 receiver
http://:8081/xml/dial.xm fora MR401/MR201
This returns the xml device description, which also includes the UDN you need to add the manually.

As openHAB 2.5 is coming up I want to prepare my PR to include the MagentaTV binding. From my point of view it’s pretty stable, I expect only minor refactoring.

Is there any pending isse or little feature request?

2 Likes

Hey Markus,

great work so far. From my point of view go ahead.

I created the PR: https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/6335
This needs to be reviewed by the core team before it goes into the 2.5 distro

1 Like

Hey Markus,

just installed the latest jat from git an Power Volume up/down Channel up/down are working, but unfortunately i get no program information.

System is a RPI3, openHAb is 2.5M4 Receiver is a MR401B, Firmware ist 470

Any ideas?

Did you switched the channel? Program information is only send for TV channels when the channel was changed.