MagentaTV Binding for Deutsche Telekom MR 4xx

Yes, but will try that today again and restart openhab2 too

sometimes the update stream from the MR dies (no more updates). Restart might fix the situation.
I spent a lot of time trying to make the interface as robust as possible.

Otherwise send a DEBUG log (relevant lines here or full file as a PM to me). Maybe you see an Exception (sometimes the MR sends malformed JSON)

A restart did the trick. Now i try to bring all the functions to alexa. Vlume up and down, Channel up and down something like this.

Has anyone done this?

This should be easy based on the HUE emulation. Alexa detects this with it’s build-in functionality and you could expose any OH item by adding the tag “Switchable”.
see https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/hueemulation/

One note on volume: You could only simulate the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” buttons. The API doesn’t provide a way to read the current volume setting or set it to a specific value. This means if you want to tune up by 5 you would have to say this 5 times or you trigger a rule, which then sends 5 VolUp. This is the volume of the MR, usually it’s better to tune the volume of the TV, which is no problem, because you could mix the items from different bindings.

Hi All, I need your help to finalize the 2.5 release.

The latest build is available on the central build system:
https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.magentatv/2.5.0-SNAPSHOT/
README: https://github.com/markus7017/openhab2-addons/blob/magentatv_snapshot/bundles/org.openhab.binding.magentatv/README.md
Beta Info: https://github.com/markus7017/openhab2-addons/blob/magentatv_snapshot/bundles/org.openhab.binding.magentatv/doc/READMEbeta.md

I’m very interested in a cross test against different setups (devices, OS, features) as well as general comments like “Is the README clear enough”?

I’m also interested in 2.4 compatibility. No worries: the final release will support 2.4 and 2.5, but I switched to 2.5 for development.

If you encounter issues: Please include

• OS type, OH version
  • a TRACE log
  • MR model
  • a short description

Please note: This is a BETA! Make a copy of the existing installation, there is NO guarantee that everything works like before, but I’ll fix issues asap.

Thx and have a great weekend with testing the binding :wink:

I checked the Readme.md. You should check the Channels section. I think the formatting is not correct.

Hi Markus

I just did a quick check and found no problems with this version.

Cheers

Dieter

BTW: „Shelly device type“ does not apply to this binding :blush:

Who is running OH+MagentaTV on Synology Disk Station?

The network initialization has been cleaned up and startup changed. So I’m interested if this is still working (the binding should also run on OH 2.4).

While finishing up the next version of the Shelly binding I’m now starting to make MagentaTV “review ready”. This will also include some changes to the channel structure to support system defined channel types like the Player control, which also improves the comfort

• New channel player -PLAY/PAUSE, NEXT/PREVIOUS, FASTFORWARD/REWIND
  • new channel mute, stop
  • channel “channel” will be moved to the control group and also supports channel selection (by sending the channel number one by one digit)

The README will be updated accordingly. I’ll also provide German language resources.
Other changes might be requested by the reviewers.

I’ll post an update here when the new version is ready-to-test.

4 Likes

Hi Markus,
I´m absolute new in doing some home automation :wink: Do you have an idea when your binding will be available?
thx

see above for links to the latest build

Hi,
I just tried to install and start the binding using a clean install of openHAB 2.5.1, I can see in the Karaf console that the binding is installed, but it cannot be started.

Only getting the following error message:

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.magentatv-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.magentatv [215]

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.net.util; version="[3.3.0,4.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

you need to install the upnp support first, but I have to lookup the feature name

I already installed the Hue Binding in the meantime, so it should be installed if I am not mistaken?
But unfortunately still the same error.

No Ideal, what “org.apache.commons.net” is, but it seems to be missing/required.

ok, let me see later if I could provide a kar, this should include the dependent modules

Thank you.
That would be great.

try this one: https://github.com/markus7017/myfiles/blob/master/magentatv/org.openhab.binding.magentatv-2.5.2-SNAPSHOT.kar?raw?true
(remove 2.5.1 jar from addons folder)

This is a DEV build, it includes a new feature: channel player, which provides a play control and accepts commands like PLAY,PAUSE,NEXT,ON and 2.5.2 adaptions.

@markus7017
I did a clean install again with the newest image (as yesterday), but this time I installed your binding BEFORE the Hue binding and I was only asked for the missing upnp feature this time.

After installing the Hue binding then my receivers were immediately found, so it seems there is no need for a .kar file now.

Will keep you updated if there are any further problems.

Just to let you know…
I tried to install the Magenta TV binding on my existing openHAB installation with an already installed Hue Binding and here the error with the missing “org.apache.commons.net” occurs again.

So there seems to be a problem, when the Hue binding is already installed.

could you try

• deinstall hue
  • install magentatv
  • install hue