Maintain Old Build System in Eclipse IDE

1Let’s say I have developed a binding for OpenHAB 2.5 stable and do not want to move to 3.0 until it is stable. How do I prevent my 2.5 build system from ‘automatically’ refreshed to 3.0? (Apparently when i restart eclipse, latest snapshot will be automatically downloaded) The reason being that there could be some bugs in the binding which I want to fix it on 2.5 build environment. Thanks

1 Like

You can set all updatePolicy in the demo pom to never. It will also be possible to develop against the released version 2.5.0 of core. In openHAB-addons this is possible if you rebase to a recent version. There you can set the ohc.version variable to fix the core version. In the demo app the changes to easily set a fixed version need to be made I see. Although you can of course modify the versions in the demo app pom.

1 Like

Perhaps that should also be mentioned in the thread where they are hoping to migrate a v1 binding to v2/ Hasn’t v1 support been stripped from OH3 snapshot?

I like the rebase option rather than change the updatePolicy. Does the openHAB-addons below refer to the package option during Eclipse IDE installation and setup? What if i already chose “Openhab Development”, is it possible to set " ohc.version variable somewhere in my binding or demo-app? Cheers

In openHAB-addons this is possible if you rebase to a recent version. There you can set the ohc.version variable to fix the core version. In the demo app the changes to easily set a fixed version need to be made I see.