Maintainer for ImperiHAB (Imperihome binding)

@lowca - ive not used the alarm servlet, but i would imagine the functionality remains in the latest version. Have you tried it?

ImperiHAB is still available on the old forum

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/openhab/TWrvCd1fens/mO83ymI772sJ

The latest version of writing is beta03. It sill has the alarm in it (I’m using this daily).

The url to the alarm is http(s)://[openhab]/imperihab/alarm

There’s install instructions for the alarm in the download zip. If you need help just shout out.

Is it possible to get a “select” list menu in imperihome/hab? I currently use 3 widget slots to select either “Home” “Away” or “Sleep” for my alarm configuration and it would be nice to just have a dropdown/select list or similar.

Can anyone confirm or show their settings in controlling an rgb bulb in imperihab?

I can turn the light on/off and dim it, but can you control the color?

I can confirm RGB lights do not work, well you cant set the colour. If you add a ticket at http://github.com/revenz/openhab Ill do it in the next release (otherwise I might forget)

Gday John.
Just wondering if you’ve made any progress on OH2 ?

Cheers,
Greg

Got a newbie question regarding openhab and github. I am running openhab on a raspberry pi and I need to add the Imperihome binding. Being that i have not used gihub before, how do I add the binding? I found the link on the google group and downloaded the openhab-master zip file. I’m at a loss of what to do from there. Thanks for the help…

Don

If you have the zip file from the old google groups there should be both a jar file and insrtuctions on the setup within the zip file

yeah, a buddy of mine at work pointed out me being blind and not seeing the actual imperihab zip file next to the screenshots in his post… Thanks for the reply. Now time to have some fun.

Its been a few weeks and wanted to check back on any OH2 status. Any possible update?

@john Thanks for picking this up. As with many here, in the process of migrating from Vera to OH2.

I tried getting Beta3 up and running on OH2 prior to finding this thread. If it helps to debug, I got the following error in my log file:

2016-05-01 16:00:16.662 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.imperihab ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.imperihab
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.imperihab [176]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.persistence.extensions

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]

Let me know any ways I can help with debugging this.

I posted a question in a separate thread. Don’t know if any of the experts in this thread has seen it. Wondering if anyone has any ideas or if this would be an enhancement?

Thanks,

Danny

Also working on my migration from Vera. the one thing I cant get ImperiHome to display is my Aeon HEM2 power use. its shows up in the devices JSON via a weeb browser but IH doesn’t display any numbers and only a “?”

{"id":"HEM_P0","name":"Total Power","type":"DevElectricity","room":"DDC","params":[
	{"key":"ConsoTotal","value":"1508.243","unit":"kWh","graphable":true}
]},

Thoughts?

Does anoyone know if the binding is still being maintained and working in OH2 or not?

Hi @ptmuldoon - Yes @john is maintaining it ( he’s the original author) .

You can see his comments in this thread regarding OH2 , but in short, it doesn’t work and until John has time and OH2 is a bit more stable, he isn’t migrating to it, thus not focussed on fixing it for OH2.
IIRC, he needs the Zwave stuff on OH2 to be stable before moving over.

That said @john, It seems that the Zwave stuff is now pretty robust from what I read. Do you think you can take a look at OH2 again soon…and your Imperihab binding… lots of us hanging out for it!

Unicode support? I have item names in Latin but the string is Cyrillic (the part in " " that is used by other UIs).

With Imperi I got ??? instead of Cyrilic letters no matter if I change item name to Cyrillic or if I ovverride it with label:something property.

This should be easy fIxable.

Hi all,

I have a very simple working OH2 sitemap with just a couple of lights (one Wemo and one Zwave). So far my z-wave experience on OH2 has been rock solid.

So now I’m keen on setting up the ImperiHAB binding. I’ll report back here asap when I’ve got a working model.

Looks like ImperiHome is pretty good for a tablet dashboard design. Fingers crossed

Wondering if there’s been any more progress on this binding?

Thanks,

Danny

For anyone hanging out for Imperihome Openhab 2 binding… there is one available here Imperihome OH2 Binding
I only found it yesterday and haven’t tested everything - but for the few devices I added, it worked.

@john - Massive thanks for your efforts with the 1.x binding - It also worked great for me…but I want to move onto OH2 ( not exactly sure why as OH1 definitely aint broken! , but all new and shiny etc… :wink:

Hi guys, any progress with the imperihab binding for OH1.x?
I saw a question somewhere above about a 3 way alarm system: home, armaway, armstay. Does anyone know if this is possible and also to add a pin no when activating the alarm?

All the best!