My first trial with openhab: Installation on a Raspi with a Z-Wave-USB-Stick “ZStick” (ZMEEUZB1) and a Fibaro “Single Switch 2” (FGS213). Recognition of the device worked fine and also switching with the several GUIs of OpenHab works fine. But when I switch manually (so using the hardware switch connected to the Fibaro device) leading to a changing state of the connected device (lamp) this is not displayed in the OpenHab GUI. So when I manually switch the lamp off, this is not relected in the UI - according to the UI it is still on.
So my first question is: Is the updating of the GUI in case of manually switching supported at all?
And if so - my second question is, how this can be achieved. I already looked at the associations, but they are set to the controller.
By the way - the power consumption is also not displayed correctly in the GUi - always 0!
Here a part of the event log - only the actions of the GUI are recorded here, but the manual switching doesn’t lead to a log entry:
2018-07-22 16:39:31.751 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LampSwitch_Esszimmer changed from OFF to ON
2018-07-22 16:40:20.412 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LampSwitch_Esszimmer’ received command OFF
2018-07-22 16:40:20.424 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LampSwitch_Esszimmer changed from ON to OFF
2018-07-22 16:45:37.246 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LampSwitch_Esszimmer’ received command ON
2018-07-22 16:45:37.261 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LampSwitch_Esszimmer changed from OFF to ON
2018-07-22 16:45:38.111 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘LampSwitch_Esszimmer’ received command OFF
2018-07-22 16:45:38.125 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - LampSwitch_Esszimmer changed from ON to OFF
Yes (of course)
Make sure you have set the correct Switch Type and make sure you have correct values for Periodic Power Reports and Periodic Energy Reports. Also make sure you have a format set in the label of the item definition.
Thanks a lot - its good to know that it should at least work.
Ok, what’s the correct switch type? The (default) type was “toggle switch” - which worked fine. I also tried the two other possibilities (“toggle switch stable” and “momentary switch”), but there I had to manually switch two times to change anything. So I think “toggle switch” is correct. And the behaviour didn’t change for the other switch types.
I set “active power reports” to “1W” and “periodic power/energy reports” to “10 s”. After this modification I suddenly saw the right watts value displayed - but it remains displayed also when I switched off the lamp again (even when switched off from the GUI). So at least a partial step forward.
For the switch item and for the “electric meter” item there is no format defined. Am I right that this format is only needed for displaying the watts of the electric meter - not for the switch? Evidently a default format is used when not defined.
So to conclude - the problem still remains.
By the way - I saw that it is possible to add items to the different channels - e.g. to the switch channel. But this seems to relate only to other items, not to the controller?
Unfortunately the behaviour is still the same: With “Basic-UI” I see the following:
So although the lamp is switched on, the energy consumption is still 0 and again (even more problematic for me) the manual switching is not reflected by the GUI.
So I fear the “evil” must be somewhere else …
Maybe there should be any log entries when events are received by the “Z-Wave Serial Controller” or by the OpenHab-Software. So the existence or absence of these messages in my system might give us a hint to the problem?
So I enabled the “…1” channels and changed the definition accordingly. And now it really works!!! Including the Watts measurement.
Thanks a lot! I would never have found this solution by myself. And I can’t imagine that others don’t have the same problem …
Nevertheless I’m wondering - what’s the idea behind the “channels without the numbers”? They are creating confusion - so why do they exist? A related information would be the perfect brick to finish this discussion.
Thanks - that’s great and will hopefully lead to less confusion in the future - especially for beginners like me …
By the way - as “FGS213” is a one channel switch, I believe that the channels for the second switch (ending with “2”) should also be removed. I assume that you simply use the same driver for “FGS213” and “FGS223” and therefore display the same channels for both devices, but I hope that adapting the channels to the really existing switches isn’t too difficult - as this would again lead to a more clean solution.
Don’t worry, the switch_binary channel was only removed from endpoint 0, not from endpoint 1 and 2.
You can even add a second switch to the FGS213, which then does not switch any actual load, but can be used to control other devices.