Marketplace install fails with no error

Running latest openhab-addons from Eclipse IDE, if I try to install the OpenWebNet Binding (Beta) from Marketplace, it returns an error on the GUI:
Installation of add-on 129775 failed
but no error on the log, and the binding is not installed.

How can I try to understand what is wrong?

If i try to install other bindings, for example Samsung TV Bindin (Beta), they get installed, but receive this error for unsatisfied dependency:

WARN  [OH-addonService-2   ] [ace.MarketplaceBundleInstaller:94   ] - The marketplace bundle was successfully installed but doesn't start: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.samsungtv [166]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp

OpenWebNet Binding (Beta)

Looks like this addon is packaged as a KAR which will only work with a real Karaf instance and not the build-in Eclipse IDE OSGi environment.

Samsung TV Binding (Beta)

You can probably fix this issue by adding the org.openhab.core.config.discovery.upnp bundle to the runbundles before you start openHAB in the IDE.

2 Likes

Ok, so If I provide just the .jar in the Marketplace post, it should install also from IDE, but in that case users with a regular OH install will not be able to solve the dependencies automatically, correct?

Correct. What I usually do is running a regular openHAB in debug mode (start_debug.sh/start_debug.bat) and attach a debugger to that via remote debugging (port 5005).

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.