Matrix Theme for HABPanel

thank you, Patrick.

after a sudo chmod -R a+r /etc/openhab2/html/matrix-theme/original-svgs

now i get the following result:

Done in 120.657310963 seconds 96 symbols created

Victory! :slight_smile:

Hello Patrick,
after solving the first problem - the next appears :slight_smile:

I´m trying to use the grafana graphs, but can´t get them work.

The adress is:
http://192.168.178.115:3000/dashboard/db/outdoor_temp?orgId=1&from=1500930423933&to=1500952023934&theme=dark

and this looks like this:

but after using this adress in the theme, it looks like this (i typed the url in for the outdoor graph only):

could you help me one again?

edit:

the webconsole says the following:
GET
http://192.168.178.115:3000/dashboard/db/outdoor_temp [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 71ms]

A couple of things:

First – There are different ways to get your grafana graphs into habpanel. One is to embedd the dashboard. I don’t like that option because it’s too crowded and slow. Instead I output a barebones image (in the share menu of grafana there is a “output as direct image” (or similar). It looks like you are using your embedd-link as the image href. That won’t work. Either you embed (iframe) or you use an img-tag with the image link.

In my case, those image links look like this:

http://openhabianpi.local:3000/render/dashboard-solo/db/mini-graphs?orgId=1&panelId=1&from=now-24h&to=now&width=500&height=250&tz=UTC%2B02%3A00

Here’s more info on how to output the “image”:

http://docs.grafana.org/reference/sharing/#direct-link-rendered-image

Second – Grafana needs to authenticate the user. I wasn’t able to make it work without authentication (even setting anonymous access to true). So, on every device that you access your habpanel, you have to first log in to grafana (looks like that’s not your problem though here).

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hey Patrick

Did you meanwhile finish the thermostat theme and can you upload it to your github folder? Thx!

Do the habpanel grafana graphs refresh as they are updated or only when you switch dashboards? I was playing around quite a bit and thought they were refreshing, but now that I have just left the panel alone they seem to be static until I switch/reload the dashboard. Using a Safari add to home screen link on an iPad.

Not sure about the refresh. Just made a rule to have it switch to another dashboard, using ‘switch dashboard with item value’, and then immediately back to the main dashboard 15 minutes after every outside temperature update. Not too eloquent, but it seems to work for now.

Hi Patrick. Thank you for sharing all of this knowledge!
I just need some help to get the icon-thing done… This is how it looks on my hubPanel. I couldn’t follow your guide to get it done.

Also the script is working great, but it doesn’t get automatically updated. I just need to press UPDATE to get the current song artist and the current album cover.

(sorry about my english)

@pmpkk and @herbus

Could you tell me where the index.html is located?

Excellent work !!! I love this panel.
I integrated on my different floor and it’s perfect.

I have one question : Is it possible to integrate a pilot wire (fil pilote in french) for electronic radiator with this specific style ?
It’s my final request ! :smiley:

thanks

1 Like

OWWWW !!!
That’s what i am looking for ! Can you give your json about this please ??? :wink:

@Dominic_Bialas

/usr/share/grafana/public/views/index.html

Hey guys,

just another grafana related question. Is ist possible to hack the line color also?
In my case the green of the matrix theme is different from the standard green of the grafana dark theme. Could this even be included in the mygrafana.css ?

WOuld be pleased to hear from you…

Hi There,

really great stuff. Having 2 weeks of holidays left i will strt today to implement the matrix theme and i try to use the knx-uf-iconset.

Has anybody thought about a floor map that could be included at each level? Something like JSFloorPlan with additional icons …

Thomas

I’m working on a openHAB/HABPanel floorplan solution based on this demo :wink:
Lots of work ahead of me but I’ll share my progress when it’s time.

9 Likes

The demo looks great and nice to hear, that someone ia working on that topic.- Looking forward to see your first examples.

Hi everyone,

I finally got around to upload the latest version to github!

Here are the changes:

• Added a “Climate Control” section for thermostat items in the ground floor widget

• Added “Color Light” control for lights (found in the ground floor widget):

• Added a “Power Consumption” dashboard (found in the home widget):

• Added my own icon as “Apple Touch Icon” for saving HabPanel to the iPhone/iPad home screen:

Enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@pmpkk

Hey Patrick,

this sounds great. just visited your GitHub account and noticed that the json files still are 12 days old and some files are from today.

Did you miss to upload the json files? Or misunderstand I something?

Hi Patrick, this theme is amazing. Thank you for all your hard work on it!

I’m really new to the software side of things, so setting up OpenHAB hasn’t been easy as I’m learning Linux and everything from scratch. But I’ve managed to install your Matrix theme and gotten to the point of adding widgets. The widget displays when ‘run’ but perhaps I’m missing something that isn’t allowing me to edit the widget?

This is what I see:

Other widgets if I make them myself, I see:

Ah, it’s 3am. I’m gonna call it a night and try again tomorrow!

Oops, I missed those two files. I uploaded them now! Thanks for pointing it out!