Maven SSL Client Certificate

I am using a my regular desktop to try out OpenHAB. I noticed the initial start failing with a lot of Maven messages in the log. I use a proxy repository in ~/.m2/settings.xml with client certificate verification. I need to specify -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore{,Type,Password}. Where do I put that? I’ve tried adding to runtime/bin/setenv to no effect.

Crickets say “chirp”.

I also use a proxy for some projects but moved that configuration to another file instead of ~/.m2/settings.xml and then specify it using -s in Maven builds (using an alias).

You can also create another settings file (without that proxy) just for openHAB and configure it in /userdata/etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg:

# Path to the local Maven settings file.
# The repositories defined in this file will be automatically added to the list
# of default repositories if the 'org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories' property
# below is not set.
# The following locations are checked for the existence of the settings.xml file
#   * 1. looks for the specified url
#   * 2. if not found looks for /home/jenkins/.m2/settings.xml
#   * 3. if not found looks for /home/jenkins/jenkins-agent1/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/maven_latest_/conf/settings.xml
#   * 4. if not found looks for /home/jenkins/jenkins-agent1/tools/hudson.tasks.Maven_MavenInstallation/maven_latest_/conf/settings.xml
#
# Properties prefixed with "org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn." have
# higher priority except <proxies> element. HTTP proxies should be configured in
# settings file
#org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.settings=