Max! bindings (thermostat) "Actual Temperature Refresh Rate" problem

Hi everyone,

I am very new to openhab, but have managed to integrate my four max! thermostats and everything is working fine so far.
However the Actual Temperature Refresh Rate, does not seem to work for me.

I am looking to get the actual temperatures on a basis of 30 minutes. I have set the “Actual Temperature Refresh Rate” to 30. But nothing seems to happen, the temps are still showing the ones from beginning.

When I manually switch the thermostates into a different mode (e.g. from auto to manu) the temperatures get updated no problem.

Is there something I am missing?

Thank you so much for your answers!

Cheers,
Philipp

Hi @philz

Indeed that is exactly what that update setting is suppose to do. Change each 30 min the temp setting wait a minute and set it back to original.
(As there is no real command to request the actual temp)

Do you see anything happening in the logs?

Hi @marcel_verpaalen,

thank you for your quick response. Should this be visible on Log Level INFO or should I switch to DEBUG or even TRACE?

Thank you for your answer.

try it with debug, I think that should at least clarify if the commands are being send and processed.

You can get the max log only bt usibg the log:display org.openhab.binding.max command

Hit ‘’ for a list of available commands
and ‘[cmd] --help’ for help on a specific command.
Hit ‘’ or type ‘system:shutdown’ or ‘logout’ to shutdown openHAB.

openhab> log:display org.openhab.binding.max

openhab>

I changed the setting of four termsotats at 11:29 to 11, 12, 13 and 14 minutes respectively.

I issued the command “log:display org.openhab.binding.max” at 11:56 but it returned nothing (see above). Log level is set to debug since earlier this morning.

Thank you for your help!

edit: is there anything else I could try?