MCOHome PM2.5 Monitor

Hi,

I bought the MCOHome PM2.5 Monitor with z-wave. I found that my specific device is not added to the database but the device exists with miner differences.

@chris I’m doing as instructed and creating a post at the forum :slight_smile:

My device label “MH10-PM2.5-WD” and it is added as “Z-Wave Node 047 (015F:0A02:5102:2.3)” for me.

I’ll add the device info down below. But the manual is the same for the device thats already added in the database:
zwave_class_basic
BASIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic
GENERIC_TYPE_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
zwave_frequent
false
zwave_neighbours
zwave_version
zwave_listening
true
zwave_plus_devicetype
NODE_TYPE_ZWAVEPLUS_NODE
zwave_deviceid
zwave_nodeid
zwave_lastheal
2021-09-18T00:31:10Z
zwave_routing
true
zwave_plus_roletype
ROLE_TYPE_SLAVE_ALWAYS_ON
zwave_beaming
true
zwave_secure
false
zwave_class_specific
SPECIFIC_TYPE_ROUTING_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL
zwave_manufacturer
zwave_devicetype

Manual:

Is your device the same as the one in the database and it’s just the type that is different, or are there other differences?

It is the same device as in the database.
The device consists of two (at least) models with the same z-wave functionality.

So the normal procedure is to register with the community zwave database and then open a ticket to get write access. Based on your assurance I added your device type (0A02:5102). Probably in less than a week you can use a snapshot binding (My addition needs review, then be uploaded with other device updates to a PR, then merged and then a snapshot zwave jar will be available.

As a general rule both OH and the zwave binding should be at the same release. However, I believe that as long as you are on 3.1 or later the zwave 3.2 snapshot should work.

Bob

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
I’ve registered z-wave devices when chris hade the database on his own page (cdjackson).
But the reason for me not registering this device is that the “Database Guide” says not to register duplicates of the same device. But the ID is different, so this doesn’t apply i guess.

NOTE: If you find that there is already a device in the database with the same Type and ID as the one you want to add, don’t just change them or add duplicates. Please flag this to me on the openHAB forum and we’ll try and work out how best to handle it - for example, the device might be a newer (or older!) version of a similar device with different firmware.

Just wanted to report back that my device works fine with the latest snapshot of the database.
I did some tweaking of the database entry. I changed two of the parameters.

• PM2.5 report interval
  • Temperature Report Interval

They had options added (0 and 10) and because of that you could not change to any other values in between. The setting is a value between 0 and 10, and not just 0 or 10 :slight_smile: