Meek Devices

Unfortunately I do not have access to a Phillips Hue system.

But, the beauty of ESPEasy, is that you are able to add your own commands.

With the “Rules function” you are able to easily a rule/program how the Meek switch should react once the key is presses/touched.

It’s even possible to add a second (or even more) commands for a long press. For instance, if the touch button is pressed for 3 second, than you could assign a different command to it.

If the Philips Hue does operate with a simple HTTP GET command (so if you’re able to make adjustments with static data via a web browser) than you could easily integrate this in the Meek Wall switch.

Once we have the switches “on the market” we’ll do our utmost to provide support on this matter.

I would like to test. I already have some stuff running from Dutch startup Crownstone (https://crownstone.rocks/technology-consumer/) but I remove now all 433MH stuff I had… Still looking for perfect solution…

I use the ESP8266 myself for small things like led control

What is the main difference between your switches and the one from SONOFF ?
https://fr.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20180319183404&SearchText=sonoff+t1+eu

After reading I would say they are:

• No need to flash firmware to make compatible with openhab
  • ds18b20 temperature sensor
  • RCWL-0516 doppler radar detector
    I don’t now if sensors are included or they should be added later.

I have a sonoff device, it works ok with Sonoff-Tasmota firmware, but I miss having a switch “with real movement” (like aqara switch).

When will it be available with the according certifications?

Main advantages of Meek switches in relation to a Sonoff touch switch :

• ESP12F 4MB
• Standard flashed with an open Firmware : ESPEasy. And the PCB is also equipped with a flash interface so it will be an open platform for those who are interested to “play” with (we are also designing a “plug&play” flash interface so you can directly plug and flash, amend, update and even completely flash another FW as you wish).
• Main advantage of ESPEasy, you can program it with the Rules function. So the device can operate autonomously.
• Equipped with a speaker/buzzer to play tones or tunes (RTTTL)
• Personalizable led indicators (WS2812b, 16.7M colors)
• Expandable with ds18b20 – Temperature Sensor. In the future versions we will even have a moisture, temperature and barometric meters (fi. the BME280) included in some of the Meek switches.
• Expansion pack presence : RCWL-0516, just like a PIR sensor but without a bulging sensor, high accuracy and is capable to see thru small obstacles.
• It’s working with a triac instead of a mechanical relay. So no “ticks” when you turn on &off the switch and due to non-moving components, more reliability.

On a personal note : I’m not fond of the esthetics of the Sonoff switches. I’m more into devices that have a “clean” and esthetic look, that’s why I have choses for this casing + glass panels.

Once we have the funds, we will issue even more enhancements and expendabilities to our devices.

At this stage of development, due to the “high refresh rate” of the design , we have not committed ourselves to a specific date when we will issue for a certificate. That being said/written, by design we adhere to the safety standards, so for normal use, it will be safe to operate our devices.

We are even considering to “open-source our hardware”, so those who are interested, will be able to help to improve or add extra’s where applicable.

1 Like

Herewith a pictures of the latest revisions Meek MP1 switches.

We’re currently assembling these to distribute them to a select group of tester.

The Meek MP1 is a :
• Wi-Fi enabled light switch
• With a Doppler presence detector
• Audi visual feedback with a RGB addressable LED and a RTTTL Speaker
• Fully programmable timers a functions

This switch operates out of the box even without a Wi-Fi connection.

Once connected to Wi-Fi you can control it with any device that has a browser (Phone, TV, Smart Watch,…) or by speech recognition enabled devices (Google Home, Alexa, Siri,…).

Ongoing, we’re expanding the functions of these devices.

For instance :
• Alarm Function ; you can “arm” the device, so whenever a movement is detected, the Meek MP1 will sound and alarm and blink the light continuously until the user disarms it.
• Doorbell ; (we will develop a doorbell in the future) if you have “Smart Doorbell”, whenever the doorbell is pressed, the Switch will mimic a doorbell and blink the lights.
• Night Modus : the presence detection will only switch the lights, if it’s in the Night Modus.

As we’re developing several other Meek devices, that will seemingly interact with each other, to truly create a smart house !

The possibilities are endless as the community is able to contribute and able to add extra functionality to our devices !

2 Likes

Do you have plans to make these switches independent of neutral lines? Some of us do not have neutral lines in our switches

When I started to developing these devices, I have investigated this option, but due to stability issue’s, I have abandoned this approach.

This has also to do with the following design structure I maintain:

1.  Safety

2.  Stability

3.  Short development time/Easy implementation

As stability is very high on my priority list, I have chosen to use the Neutral line, due to this, the stability can be assured with all different lighting systems around us (LED, CFL, incandescent,…).