MELCloud Binding Mitubishi

thanks for checking and posting the info.
I did check myself on the day that you posted this and noticed the MELCloud app didn’t work either but the website of MELCloud did.
I assumed it was an error on their side but didn’t get to replying here earlier, sorry :-/

Sadly I don’t have as much free time as I would like so can’t check any new features on my side.
Since I use the binding myself to control some AC units I will do my best to make time if needed to update it if current functionality breaks.
Sorry for not being able to provide a more positive answer.

I have been using this binding for the MelCloud for some time now with great satisfaction and therefore I congratulate you.
I wanted to ask you, do you think that tomorrow the possibility of controlling the Lossnay VMCs will also be added, for me it would be very useful to be able to create automations between the AC and VMC when I use them, instead now I am forced to set them manually via the MelCloud app or the relative manual controls . Thank you

Hi,
since yesterday I get the following errors in the Log - and MELcloud items (Aircondition) are all offline:

Thing 'melcloud:melcloudaccount:627817f7' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Login error, reason: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $ to OFFLINE
Thing 'melcloud:melcloudaccount:627817f7' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Login error, reason: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 1 column 1 path $

Anyone else with same problems?
(I am running OH4.1.1)

Best, Kai

2 Likes

I suddenlly have the same problem.
The Mitsubishi-APP still works, so there is WiFi-connection to the heatpump

Same here

Same here.
It appears there are now restrictions on requests.

If I try to login via the web
https://app.melcloud.com/
I get this error:

We have detected excessive traffic from your
account, your access to the service has been
limited for a few hours.
1 Like

same here

thanks for reporting.
I need to set up a new dev environment to fix and build a new version to test.
Due to work I don’t have much time in the evening this week so I hope to get to it during the weekend.
In the meanwhile I think it’s best to disable the binding (so your IP doesn’t get blacklisted) and use the official app.

3 Likes

Yesterday, I disabled both the MEDCLOUD-account-thing and the Mitsubishi heatpump-device-thing itself in the openHAB (4.1.1) MainUI after it stopped working. Also login via https://app.melcloud.com/ didn’t work as described above. However, the Mitsubishi-Android-app continued working.
Now, this morning after ca 12 hours disabling, I could login into the website https://app.melcloud.com/ again, and also openHAB can connect to MELCOUD again
For now I adjusted the polling-time for the heatpump-device-thing to 600 sec (was 60 sec) for reducing the traffic. Hopefully it was just a failure on Mitsubishis server and/or the 600 sec polling is enough for avoid future problems.
It woould be nice to access the heatpump locally and not through the internet.

3 Likes

The binding has also failed for me and logging into the MELcloud website says it’s disabled due to too many requests. But it appears that Mitsubishi have changed something at their end, rather than anything to do with he binding operation. The equivalent binding on HA is experiencing the same issues - see this thread.

2 Likes

Same issue here (OH 4.1.1).

I changed this morning the polling to 600 sec as well - no errors since that change.
I will continue to monitor this.

3 Likes

From Mitsubishi Electric tweet in X:

We have noticed unusually high traffic to MELCloud infrastructure. We have had no other choice than to introduce some limitations. Throttling is now in use for increased security to our users. If you have any questions please reach out to your Mitsubishi Electric sales office.

1 Like

Changed to 300 sec. No problems anymore …

1 Like

I’m running a multi-split AC with 3 indoor units. Any insight yet how much I should scale up the interval according to the number of polling things?

I tried setting the refresh interval to 600 secs. It worked for a few hours, but then failed and I got the "excessive traffic " message on melcloud.com again.

That’s interesting.
I changed polling (of my AC’s) to 600 sec and since I did, I did’t have “excessive traffic” message anymore. It is working (and “green”) for two days now.
This is strange.

thanks for the info. Here is the link to the tweet from Mitsubishi Electric Europe:
https://x.com/ME_Europe/status/1755205001645801507?s=20

The API calls can be counted and apparently are tracked. Some of popular APIs return the “bucket size” within headers letting applications to impose limits on their own end.

For example, when I do curl -vv https://api.github.com I see in output:

< x-ratelimit-limit: 60
< x-ratelimit-remaining: 59
< x-ratelimit-reset: 1707436506
< x-ratelimit-resource: core
< x-ratelimit-used: 1

These are limits which are calculated for each and every request. Do you maybe know if melcloud is returning anything similar to that?

1 Like