MELCloud Binding Mitubishi

Hi all and happy new year!

Someone have Mitsubishi’s HAVC with wifi interface and MELCloud? https://www.melcloud.com/

I want to add it in openHab, can you help me?

Thank you.

Would be interested in this too…

This is what I found on it already:

http://mgeek.fr/blog/un-peu-de-reverse-engineering-sur-melcloud
where this is based on:

Thank you! So in openHab, Do I have to make a new binding?

Yes. I like to help also as I also ordered this AC with melcloud software, and want to be able to control it from openhab.

OK, yesterday I have installed the environment and open one issue on GitHub to announce that.

@SepuGian , follow this my new post:

I will start testing it in a couple of weeks, once I have my openhab system up and running.

1 Like

How is it going? I plan to buy a Mitsubishi but would feel better if I know it’s working fine with openHAB already :slight_smile:

Hi @Luca_Calcaterra, i would like to test the MELCloud binding but i am getting some issues. I was running openhab 2.4 (Official Stable Release) while your latest binding seems to be compiled for a future version 2.5 (not yet released as official). So i opted to upgrade to openhab 2.5 Milestone 1 but i am still getting the same issue:

Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.melcloud-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.melcloud [149]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: com.google.gson; version="[2.8.0,3.0.0)"

I guess that the binding would work only with the very last openhab 2.5 snapshot but i would not like to install an unstable openhabe version.
It would be possible to have the latest melcloud binding code for testing purpouses compiled also for the openhab 2.4 (official relaease) or at least for the 2.5 M1 version?

thanks in advance.

1 Like

Latest version works fine with 2.4 as well. When istalling bindings manually, dependencies are not resolved automatically, so you need to install them manually as well.

You can install gson library by following command from karaf console

bundle:install http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/google/code/gson/gson/2.8.5/gson-2.8.5.jar

2 Likes

@pauli_anttila beat me on time :slight_smile: @Cellipo follow his instructions

It works perfectly. Thanks

Luca,
i have done some testing with three split units and it seems to work like a charm both on sending command to the unit and to receive updated status.

The only things that was not correct is the naming of the channels related to the split thing. The vertical vane and the horizontal one are both named “Vane Horizontal”.

One last thing: From MELcloud application it is possible to set some “preset” scene or “Scheduled” events. Do you think that these features could be implemented within the binding? it will require huge efforts compared to the additional functionalities (preset, scene or scheduling could be always done inside openhab)? or it will be impossible to implement?

1 Like

@Cellipo , thanks for your feedback, i’ll check the names of Vanes.
For presets, i think it’s possible, even have not much sense, since you can mange it with Openhab . But i’ll open a new ticket issue on the repo for future updates.

Thanks for any feedback you want to give me.

@Cellipo Wrong label on vertical vane has benn fixed on latest release (2.2)

https://github.com/lucacalcaterra/org.openhab.binding.melcloud/releases/download/2.2/org.openhab.binding.melcloud-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Ciao @Luca_Calcaterra,
I installed the latest release and did everything described in the readme. I added A.C. devices as things by discovery, however it seems that they can’t get their initial status, in fact I have these lines in the openhab.log:

2019-07-10 09:50:25.625 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.MelCloudDeviceHandler] - No initial data available, ignore command

Do you have any suggestion? I’m sorry but I don’t know how to enable debug level logging.
Thank you

@SlimJoe Hi (Ciao :slight_smile: ) try to rollback to previous release, latest have issues that must be fixed

It worked with release 2.1, thank you!