Mh10-pm2.5-wa/wd

Hi OpenHAB Community,

I am trying to link ~10 MH10-PM2.5-WD devices to OpenHAB 3.0.0 and those devices are found as unknown during Z-Wave pairing. I just installed eclipse+head openhab source and I can see two definitions of mh10pm25 device.
/org.openhab.binding.zwave/src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/mcohome/mh10pm25wawd_0_0.xml with device definition as below
<!-- DEVICE PROPERTY DEFINITIONS -->
<properties>
<property name=“vendor”>McoHome Technology Co., Ltd</property>
<property name=“modelId”>MH10-PM2.5-WA/WD</property>
<property name=“manufacturerId”>015F</property>
<property name=“manufacturerRef”>0A01:5102</property**>
<property name=“dbReference”>1056</property>
<property name=“defaultAssociations”>1</property>
</properties>

and
/org.openhab.binding.zwave/src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/mcohome/mh10pm25wa_0_0.xml with device definition as below
<!-- DEVICE PROPERTY DEFINITIONS -->
<properties>
<property name=“vendor”>McoHome Technology Co., Ltd</property>
<property name=“modelId”>MH10-PM2.5-WA</property>
<property name=“manufacturerId”>015F</property>
<property name=“manufacturerRef”>0A01:3102,0A05:0100,0A05:0201</property>
<property name=“dbReference”>244</property>
<property name=“defaultAssociations”></property>
</properties>

In both above manufacturer ref doe not match ref identified for my device which is
015F:0A02:5102::2.3

Can you please confirm following:

1. How I am supposed to request adding permanently new manufacturerRef 0A02:5102 to device MH10-PM2.5-WD?
  2. And more importantly for me at the moment as I need to follow with my deployment - how I can on my own build amended version of org.openhab.binding.zwave.jar to make sure I can start adding those devices now then waiting for official release. I do java development in Eclipse however I am not quite sure if changing line
    AS-IS
    <property name=“manufacturerRef”>0A01:3102,0A05:0100,0A05:0201</property>
    TO-BE
    <property name=“manufacturerRef”>0A01:3102,0A02:5102,0A05:0100,0A05:0201</property>
    would be sufficient.

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to openHAB!

Read through it, register, open a ticket to get edit rights.

You don’t have to. The zwave maintainer exports the database every couple of days (usually during the weekend) to the binding and you will find the compiled database in the latest zwave snapshot binding.

2 Likes

There is a thread on how to do that after the device is in the database by locally exporting the xml. I do not kave the link handy and it is unsupported and not extensively tested.

1 Like

i have only done this once long ago. I assume this process or something similar still works.