Mi(Xiaomi) Smart home bindings?

@binderth have a look in the log here.
You see how the device reports a tilt angle and axes on each movement.
If it is moved, it reports. I cannot confirm, that it only reports once per minute, this you can see in the timestamps of the example log.

@Svil Tahnk you! I guess the gateway needs an update first to be able to tell the model. If you are on the latest SW, we have to be patient and wait for it to be updated…

@Masssssy please make a log and open a github issue for that. How to log and github issues page

1 Like

How do you fix the temp sensors and magnet sensors to the wall or to the door/windows?

Do you use the glue on the backside? But what is, when you have to change the battery?

It is double sided tape. When you need to change battery you simply twist the sensor. The battery door / back of the sensor will stay, since it taped. Replace the 2032 cell and then twist the sensor back.

I heard some rumors about Xiaomi gateway in EU version. Do you know anything? I’m not sure if I should wait as I hate adapters…

Be careful @Tribon I just bought the Hongkong version of the Xiaomi Mijia Gateway and so far could not figure out how to set it up in Developer Mode to be able to integrate it into OpenHAB. It seems you have to use the App with China Mainland locale to activate the Dev Mode - but I have to switch it to Hongkong to add the Gateway, which makes the menu point disappear. I am just trying to get the Chinese version of the Hardware or find a way to flash the Gateway with the chinese Firmware… but no luck so far.

1 Like

FYI, it is possible to use the gateway for TTS:

@mpol Try to downgrade Mi Home app to 5.0.19. It was working for me to get token for another MI IO Binding with use of MIToolKit. It might be like that that Xiaomi is upgrading Mi home up to stop messing with developer mode. I might be also wrong but worth trying.

@Tribon I was already told to downgrade to a version 4 of the Mi Home App - but it refused to login to my XiaoMi account. I can give v5.0.19 a try maybe this one still works. Thx!

EDIT: I tried it. Uninstalled the latest version, installed v5.0.19 and logged in with my account. The dashboard is working, but I was unable to access the devices - usually there is an initialization step when you access one of the added devices through the Mi Home App, but it never starts. Updating to the newest version solves this issue.

No luck getting this to work.

Anyone else having problem receiving data on port 9898?
Wireshark tells me, that the correct values are sent to the unicast adress(225.0.0.50) , but monkeycom on port 9898 blocks it.
I’m getting a TTL Error too.
ANY help is appreciated

someone can confirm the v3 Version works with openHAB? or only v2. I use v2 in my Cottage and it works fine and I’m about to use it in my home also for some cool sensors, I could use… So now I’m thinking v3 is more promising to have additional sensor than v2?

edit:
or is this a completely different Gateway? I’m not so into the chinese tech, but I thought Aqara is a sub-brand of Xiaomi? :confused:

I see many different (sub)brand / versions mentioned and indeed it can be confusing. As I understand there exists:

• Xiaomi mijia gateway v2: the round one most users use to integrate with OH
  • Xiaomi mijia gateway v3: this is the square version (originally intended for air condition control) and also used to work with OA

Looking at the discussion above, it has become troublesome to get the updated versions working with OA. I have one (v2) being delivered soon, so I can confirm later.

• Aquara hub homekit: looks like Xiaomi mijia gateway v2 but has homekit support (this one has rumors of getting EU plug). Did not read anything about OA integration yet, but as mentioned before I don’t see the point to use this version as OA users will most likely not use the homekit interface.

Hi.

Is it possible to use OpenHAB with new Xiomi Gateway (called “Xiaomi Aqara Air Conditioning Companion” or “Mi Gateway 3”) model lumi.acpartner.v3

https://xiaomi-mi.com/sockets-and-sensors/xiaomi-aqara-air-conditioning-companion-temperature-humidity-sensor/

I own this device and it works very well as a gateway with my Xiomi Aquara sensors (motion, temperature, door).

This is info from Mi Home android app:

Version code:204
网关ID:93869871
Zigbee通道:15
网关信息:
{“life”:56497,“cfg_time”:0,“token”:“4f52ea09465XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX”,“mac”:“7C:49:EB:XXXXXXXXX”,“fw_ver”:“1.4.1_152”,“hw_ver”:“MW300”,“model”:“lumi.acpartner.v3”,“mcu_fw_ver”:“0149”,“wifi_fw_ver”:“SD878x-14.76.36.p84-702.1.0-WM”,“ap”:{“rssi”:-49,“ssid”:“pajonk”,“bssid”:“18:D6:XXXXXXXXX1”},“netif”:{“localIp”:“192.168.2.227”,“mask”:“255.255.255.0”,“gw”:“192.168.2.1”,“gw_mac”:“18:XXXXXXXX”},“mmfree”:144248,“ot”:“ott”,“otu_stat”:[573,383,647,20,622,92],“ott_stat”:[2,0,753,296]}

子设备信息:
[{“model”:“lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2”,“did”:“lumi.158d00XXXXXXX”,“name”:“Aqara
Door and Window
Sensor”},{“model”:“lumi.sensor_motion.aq2”,“did”:“lumi.158d000XXXXXXX”,“name”:“Aqara
Motion
Sensor”},{“model”:“lumi.weather.v1”,“did”:“lumi.158d000XXXXXXXX”,“name”:“Temperature
and Humidity Sensor”}]

I was able to activate LAN functions and get the key

Despite this, i cannot make my gateway to work with OpenHAB. I’ve heard that lumi.acpartner.v3 is uspported by home-assistant and domoticz.

Thank you for any help.

Best regards.

guys please i need someone’s help

i guess i am doing something wrong here.
i have ZERO experience with openhab’s text rule engine so i am using the rule engine from paperUI which is usually ok for me.

i am trying to catch the LONG_PRESSED event but it does not appear in my list and it doesn’t work when i write it. also my xiaomi binding does not discover my vibration sensor from xiaomi even though i read that it should.

can anyone help me with that?
these are my options…

Finally had the time to create an issue. Not impossible I can solve it myself but I’m a bit low on time atm…

Aqara is the new Brand from XIAOMI especially for HomeKit Support Devices

and if the OH-Manual is correct - it should work , the Aqara Gatway is also called “v3”

Gateway v2 (with radio support) or v3

Seems like there is some confusion about gateway versions and the difference between aqara and xiaomi.
Now following the smart home lineup for quite a while this is my impression of it’s history:

Important to know is, that Xiaomi has made a platform for different manufacturers to integrate their smart devices in one big ecosystem. For example Yeelight - they build the lamps, but integrate them with the Xiaomi protocol making them compatible with the MiHome App. Same for the vacuum robot, which is build by a different company (Rockrobo or so…). I guess Mijia might be similar…

This is also the case for our smart home devices. The first generation was built by Lumi. I don’t know if they rebranded to Aqara or if it’s a different company now but the newer devices are all built by Aqara.

Actually this is not the case. My gateway identifies iteslf with the MI IO binding (see here) as lumi.gateway.v3 and it’s the round one!

This is the square one @bartsnijder is talking about. I know, very confusing!

So to clarify:

• Round “Lumi” gateway: there are two versions (v2 & v3), which look the same and are round, probably the ones most people use here - I don’t know what the difference is between them
  • Round “Aqara” gateway: the new gateway (supporting HomeKit) - this is not tested with the binding, brand new, and the community would appreciate any pioneer buying that thing and giving it a go with the binding and OH :wink:
  • Devices, which are able to act as a gateway, for example the Air Conditioning Companion see here

Regarding support for the acpartner devices - If anybody has this device please do following:
Enable TRACE logging, make sure the acpartner is set up in your network and developer mode is on. Then trigger a discovery in OH PaperUI and log the result. The binding should send a message with { cmnd: whois } and every gateway answer. Then open an issue and post the log here.

I have just had a Aqara delivered and have downloaded the Mihome binding. PaperUI did not find the hub after i have set it up on my ipad (that was a task in its self). Im pretty well stuck now as my knowledge is limited when it come coding etc.

@jsn
You can follow the same procedure to capture the communication between openhab and the gateway.
You can find a tutorial on how to log here in the binding documentation

Today I received my 2nd gateway which is now succesfuly added to the OH system. Due to the mentioned rumours about not being able to add gatweways with updated firmware I skipped updating them.
Although the system works fine now and is not WAN-connected updating to the latest firmware is not necessary yet, but has anybody verified the firmware issues?
Is it indeed not possible to go to the latest FW without any OH integration problems or was there another root cause?
Thanks!

I’m on latest fw 1.4.1_159 and no problems at all with the binding…

2 Likes