Mi(Xiaomi) Smart home bindings?

I upgraded my home server to OH2 a week ago. I guess I will start contributing to OH2.x version of this binding soon and retire my original binding for OH1.x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perfect thanks.
Is the plug86 the wifi plug?

Sadly no, it isnā€™t. All supported devices are Zigbee versions. (at least in OH1.x binding)

Hi, I like to thank you all for making this binding available. I so happy to use it on a powerfull automation system like openhab.
One thing which I discovered while trying the secound best open source platform( some call it home assistant) was that the gateway also has an illumination sensor.

I think is directional and therefore not very usefull, but can give an indication on if you have light in your room.
Itā€™s just a nice to have function, but I like to make you all aware of this, if you didnā€™t know.

UPDATE:I discovered that I had some items configuation problems, my item was set to switch and not a number. :slight_smile:

Can i switch back to the snapshot version of this binding? I now use an older binding from end of june (manually copied to addons-folder) because the newer bindings didnĀ“t work anymore.

IĀ“m on OH2.2 snapshot.

1 Like

Hi, just saw the new aqara motion sensors on gearbest.

Difference to the ā€œoldā€ motion sensor is the Holder Stand and now they have also a light intensity measurement. Seems to be a nice addition to the other sensors.

I have the mi gateway working with ohab2 like a charm. Can I turn the mi gateway alarm on ?

How did you install the binding? Is there any how-to to find regarding the configuration?

I installed the ohab2 snapshot that includes an add on binding for xiaomi smart home v2.2. It can controls devices connected to xiaomi gateway, but it could not find a channel to turn alarm on/off. Anny clue ?

How did you do that? I never updated/upgraded OH2 since i installed it. Iā€™d like to upgrade to 2.1 and use xaiomi. Any hint?

The new water sensor is ready for pre-order. Discount with code GBCE.

1 Like

I think the alarm is software based and you can program this by oursself

does anyone have a working smoke sensor on thier openhab system? I just bought one but it doenā€™t seems to work with my jar, org.openhab.binding.mihome-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar with a size around 81.524 bytes

2017-07-25 17:26:36.772 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f' to inbox.
2017-07-25 17:26:36.777 [InboxAddedEvent           ] - Discovery Result with UID 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f' has been added.
2017-07-25 17:29:34.518 [InboxRemovedEvent         ] - Discovery Result with UID 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f' has been removed.
2017-07-25 17:29:34.528 [ThingAddedEvent           ] - Thing 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f' has been added.
2017-07-25 17:29:34.534 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_REGISTERING_ERROR): XiaomiHandlerFactory could not create a handler for the thing 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f'.
2017-07-25 17:29:34.522 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while calling thing handler factory 'org.openhab.binding.mihome.internal.XiaomiHandlerFactory@e72fca': XiaomiHandlerFactory could not create a handler for the thing 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f'.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: XiaomiHandlerFactory could not create a handler for the thing 'mihome:smoke:158d000153948f'.

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your effort and the binding.
I am using OH2 for quite some time for my KNX installation and recently started to introduce Xiaomi products.

I recently bought the Xiaomi Philips Bulb and I am wondering if and how I can integrate to OH2.

• Can you give me some hints on what I can do to figure which protocol is used and how I may integrate it to the binding?

Thanks,
OvO

Not sure about this Xiaomi Philips Bulb. The MiHome binding supports the ZigBee-based devices from Xiaomi.

If youā€™re interested in e.g. Yeelight bulbs/LED stripes, check out this pull request. I hope that @coasterli or someone else will finish the work on it eventually.
Iā€™m using this binding for Yeelight RGBW as well as the white ones.

Cheers,
Kuba

Hi all,
currently Iā€™m concentrating my energy into addig Miio protocol support to this OH2 binding so other devices might be discovered and controlled in openHAB (vacuum robot, air purifier and other wifi devices - as you do in mi home mobile app). Getting device tokens is a bit tricky and must be done manually, but itā€™s worth having all deviceā€™s control at one place - openHAB.

I hope it will be ready soon - :grinning:

8 Likes

@Ondrej_Pecta thatā€™s awesome! Looking forward to see and test your progress.
Note that @marcel_verpaalen is working on the Xiaomi Vacuum Binding as well. You might want to cooperate on this :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Really cool if we can directly interact with Miio protocol. It should simplify integration of other devices.
I guess that the bulb I bought are using this Miio protocol.

If you need help or info on teh bulb just let me know.

Based on what I read on another implementation for the vacuum, I think you actually can already control other devices like the powerplug & fan with the current vacuum binding.
There is the command channel which allow for any miio command to be send. the fan/light/whatever other device would probably be discovered as a vacuum, but if you allow that, and send commands.
(e.g. get fan status with get_prop, set the humidity with set_limit_hum) I guess it works.
Probably you need to set the refresh interval to something high, as I think a powerplug or a fan donā€™t support the vacuum commands, and would indicate that It canā€™t communicate.

Try if it works, in that case I donā€™t mind to see if those can be supported as well.

An alternative would be to bring it into the mi smarthome binding, but as the interfacing & crypto seemed quite different I started clean.

My suggestion would be to only integrate it if there can be substantial pieces of code shared, otherwise it is easier and less complex to keep them separated .