MiCS-6814 + Raspberry PI 3B+

Hey there!

I’m working in a project to monitoring air quality using a Air Quality 5 click from Mikroelectronika (it has an MiCS-6814 sensor) and a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

I have used the Pimoroni library for enviroplus (https://learn.pimoroni.com/tutorial/sandyj/getting-started-with-enviro-plus) and now I’m reading some values for Oxidising, Reducing and NH3 based in the Gas.py example in the library.

I have some questions about it and I would greatly appreciate if you could help me with that:

The code of the Gas.py example has lines to get the resistance value for each gas as follow:

try:
    ox = (ox * 56000) / (3.3 - ox)  
except ZeroDivisionError:
    ox = 0

and the same for other two gases. A question is that “56000” must be modified to get the right resistance values?

on the other hand, I’m reading the 3 resistance values (Ox, Red and NH3) and I’d like to convert that values to ppm for each gas but I can’t find the right expression to do it.

I’m confused if the resistance that I read in the example code is Rs, R0 or (Rs/R0) ratio.

I would highly appreciate if you can give me some information about it.

The project send data by MQTT to Ubidots bus it is working good.

Thank you so much,

Regards,

Cristian Medina
Bogotá, Colombia.

This does not look to be openHAB code. You need to ask on the proper forum and possibly return here after it outputs MQTT if you still have issues integrating with openHAB.

This is an openHAB forum, not a generic smart home forum.

Oh well. I’m sorry.

Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.