Miele Cloud-binding

Yes, in the 3.4 version you need to do that. Don’t forget to uninstall the binding when switching to the JAR.

Hi @BjoernLange, @laursen
Since today my Meile Cloud Binding shows “offline”. Any changes here?
It worked for months - now it stopped working.

It is up again - seems to be a temporarily issue. All good again, wife is happy again :slight_smile:
(WAF=100)

It was scheduled and they did send an email out about it.

1 Like

I have a question regarding electric energy consumption: is it correct, that there is a channel for energy consumption in kWh (of the currently running program) but not one for current power in W? Could it be added maybe?

Background: Beyond my curiosity I also want to create a rule starting my dishwasher if there is enough energy created on my solar roof.

Hi @openB,

That’s correct. The accumulated energy consumption of the currently running program in kWh is the only energy-related data that is provided by the Miele cloud. The channel you request cannot be added because there is no data source for it.

However, you could use a smart measurement power plug to obtain more detailed consumption information.

Hi @openB

Don’t you have a “global” power meter if you have a solar plant? I have one and used this information for all of my “energy-rules” to make use of my own energy as much as possible.

Like the most of such devices, the dishwasher does not use more than about 2 - 2.2 kW during the water heating period. Most programs seem to use two heating periods.

In my case in “ECO” mode, the dishwashers first heating period is after about 25 Minutes after program start. “QuickPowerWash” starts heating nearly immediately. “PowerWash” first heating period starts heating after around 28-33 Minutes. Apart of the heating periods, the dishwashers energy consumption is very low. I guess around 50W.

Hi @BjoernLange , @Levin1

From a PV usage point of view it doesn’t really matter, I can of course use some approximation. It’s more a “hey that would be nice to know & see”. I think it’s something Miele could (and should) add, or is energy consumption in kWh of the currently running program not measured but just a predefined-value stored in the machine…?

I use a Shelly for my washing machine (here Miele’s additional WLAN price is far higher than every possible cost reduction in efficient use of electric energy); but the dish washer has the WLAN module included anyway, so I could use either the cloud binding in order to control it or I could also use a Shelly device, but at additional cost (buying it and its own energy consumption). On the other hand I could get rid of the Miele cloud service by doing so :slight_smile:

How will you control the dishwasher using a shelly? At least with my old machine, when you removed power, the program will not continue and you end up at the program selection. This is different to my old washing machine, where I can start (pre-stage) a program manually, switch power off and switch power on later using a smart plug to start/continue the chosen program when there is enough PV.

But I guess you only want to measure current power consumption :slight_smile:

Hmm, the dishwasher is brand new, but it might be that it looses the current running program and state - maybe I should test it before I buy another shelly. But to be honest, I might stay with the cloud solution without measured current power for the near future.

Hi all!

Does anybody else than me has actually problems with the Miele Cloud binding? It works on my OH 3.4.5 installation for over one year without any problems.

Since several days (maybey weeks, I don’t know exactly because I don’t check the logs regularly), the logs throws the following:

[… ] changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Dieses Miele-Gerät ist nicht mit dem Internet verbunden.

The device is definitely available over WiFi, connection is stable and it is pingable continously without any packet losses. Restart of the device and OH did not change the behaviour.

Is this known? What can be the reason? Any thoughts about that…? :thinking:

No problems with my device. Maybe your device lost kind of registration in Miele developer Portal? I can’t remember the details. Maybe you can check status in the developer portal.

Hi Levin!

Thanks for your quick reply. I checked that last weekend and the registered thing is the miele bridge, which is not affected. On Miele side, it’s connected and available. In OH the same - connected and stable. Just the device (which relies on the bridge) goes offline and online back and forth, not the bridge itself. The bridge thing is stable online at every time. Thats why I thought, the problem is more on OH/binding/thing side. Therefore I checked in the first step the thing’s ethernet availability and found also a stable connection.

The device thing comes online for 0,3-0,5 seconds, set’s the item values and then goes offline again (where the values were set to UNDEF or NULL or somthing irregular). This repeats every 30 seconds.

I am really a bit stuck now. Hmm… Any other thoughts…?

Maybe you should enable debug log and see if there is additional info

OK, just deleted the bridge account and the device in OH. Recreated the bridge, created a new set of authentication credentials via Miele Developer Portal, activated the bridge and immediately found my device in the OH inbox. So far, so good.
Bridge is online (green) as usual and stable. But the device is again offline.

ARRGGGHHH… :woozy_face:

How to enable debug log for Miele binding?

Ok, found it.

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.mielecloud

Frontail shows in both cases (online to offline and offline to online)

2024-03-19 18:08:02.950 [DEBUG] [al.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice] - Fetch action state description for Miele device 712095934

2024-03-19 18:08:02.952 [DEBUG] [al.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice] - Send GET request to Miele webservice on uri https://api.mcs3.miele.com/v1/devices/712095934/actions?language=de

2024-03-19 18:08:03.056 [DEBUG] [al.webservice.DefaultMieleWebservice] - Received response with status code 200

Both API calls seem to be OK. But the device toggles between off and on still…
I don’t get it :crazy_face:

Anyone…?

Hmm no idea where this behaviour comes from. I’m also only a user of the binding. Did you already reinstall the binding? However regarding the logs there is nothing wrong with it. Sorry I don’t have anymore ideas.

Hi Levin,

thanks for jumping in here again!

Just tried to follow your suggestion to remove and reinstall the binding - removed, rebooted, reinstalled AND… nothing. Same behaviour as before :flushed:

I really don’t know what to do here right now.

Hi @BGrosse, the thing status is set because the Miele Cloud reports that the device is in state “Not Connected”. You can verify that by manually querying the cloud status as described here. However, I don’t know why this is the case.

Hi Björn,

thanks for your step-in here. Highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

So there is a chance, that this behaviour is not triggered by my installation of OH? If it is on Miele’s side, is there any chance to get a clue on the changes they probably made? And therefore if you can make a new binding version…?