Migrated stiebel eltron heatpump binding for openHAB

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the TypeResolver, please have a look at this change: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/4787

It should not be used within bindings.

May I kindly ask you to not only commit your code to your github repository but also create a pull request against openhab2-addons and add a WIP (work in progress) in the title?

Hi,
I use the ttyAMA0 port for connecting the LWZ403. But I have the error:
"Serial port with given name does not exist. Available ports: " and no ports are listed
I installed the binding and config this binding in the inbox menu

Can anyone help me?

created WIP pull request under

TypeResolver still need to be resolved

still have some issue on the git as i was working on a separate iec binding.
will have to clean it up and resubmit the PR.
triller-telekom are you able to help with the TypeResolver issue?

Hi Peter

After upgrade to OH 2.3 the binding doesent work anymore.

UNINITIALIZED - HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR org/eclipse/smarthome/core/thing/type/TypeResolver

Is the binding working with OH 2.3?

@kreutzer_peter - Any news on the binding?

Unfortunatley i can’t spend time on development but if you need help in terms of testing… i’m in.

is there a possibility of this binding currently to use?

well the old binding on version 1 should still be usable with the manual item definitions.
In the 2.3 openhab the smarthome API has changed to the types within the thing defintion can not be resolved anymore.
i did not find a way to resolve the type by means of another API.

I basically have to rewrite the item definition based on an external file (xml) , similar as it was before in version 1.

Actually i found it quiet a good approach to have all the items being dynamically defined by the types in the thing definition. But i most probably misused it.

I am still quiet busy but would say in the next week i could start again investigating a new solution.

That would be highly appreciated also from my side. :slight_smile:

can anyone shoh me the way with binding version1 and manual iterm definition on OH 2.3?

How can I figure out if this binding works with my Stiebel Eltron WPL 15/25 (IKS-2 IE)?

Is there already a “how to” for

• creating a connector/interface between heating system and OH
  • configuring the binding
  • good practices?

Thanks & Regards
John

From my side I´m also highly interested in this binding. I have a LWZ504. Does anybody have experience with this one?

Regard,
Tobias

What about the functional support for the LWZ for instance to enable/disable the ventilation (stage 0 - 3 [day/night]).

The protocol implementation of the FHEM module (perl) could be used as reference for missing functionality. It is called THZ which is the Tecalor version of the Stiebel Eltron LWZ (same machine actually).

Hi,

just chiming in here. I’d also be very interested to get this working, with similar functionality to the FHEM module. I could at least do some testing, not much time for coding unfortunately. Is someone still working on this?

Best regards
Jens

It seems that t2000 over at github continued tujework on the binding

Is anyone able to supply a short summary? I read through the whole thread, but I am unsure what the best way for me to get my THZ/LWZ 504 working with openHab would be. I know the heatpump has a USB port that I can access, do I need a USB to RS232 adapter only? I thought about buying the ISG, but if it’s possible to set this up cheaper then I’m all ears.
I will be running openHub on a Raspberry Pi 3 and will get a RS232 interface.

Also, do I understand correctly that the binding here (or in the github repo mentioned) is all that I need to get it working software-wise?

Thanks!

i reactivated my openhab and currently trying to resolve the issue with the new version of openhab
is there still interest here for the binding?

1 Like

I’d still be interested. Moved from FHEM to OpenHAB, keeping the old FHEM installation alive just for reading and controlling my LWZ 303.

YES
very interested!

hi stefan,
i intend to restart the binding as i reactivated my openhab .
Did you found a solution on the thingtype definition and the extraction of the properties in their in the thing handler?