Migration to v4 gives "itemRegistry" is not defined error related to blockly rules

Everything that is provided via the marketplace is not automatically updated.

Looking at that date I agree this seems to be not compatible with the current OH 4 version. You can leave a comment on the marketplace and ask the author to provide a new version.

Thanks for explaining. But I am still not sure how to see somethingfrom the market is up to date or not. For example, is the Shelly Binding up to date or not?

It shows that it is on version 4.1.2 but I have never updated any binding and it still appears to be up to date. But you are saying that the version number shown is not the version I have but the one available in the repo? Where can I see which version I have?

It’s a bit confusing because when it shows version 4.1.2 and a button “Remove”, to me that implies that it is version 4.1.2 that I have (and would remove if I press that button).

That’s not from the marketplace.

It comes from the “openHAB distribution” in the bindings page in the Add-on Store and the version shown matches the version of OH you’ve installed.

• it’s listed under “openHAB distribution” section on the bindings page in the Add-on Store
  • the “author” is “openHAB”
  • the “Source” is “openHAB Distrobution”
  • it’s “Provided by” openHAB
  • the version of the add-on matches the version of OH you are running.

A marketplace add-on looks like this:

• No author is shown at the top under the binding name
  • source is “Community Marketplace”
  • provided by shows the name of the developer who posted it to the marketplace
  • there’s a link to the community forum posting which constitutes the marketplace entry for that binding
  • no version is shown
  • created and updated at fields are present.

All rule templates and block libraries come from the marketplace.

Official bindings always update when you update OH itself. Always have and always will. Marketplace add-ons do not automatically update. You are comparing apples to oranges.

That’s it. You have 4.1.2 of the Shelly binding installed.

That’s exactly the case. If you clicked “remove” it would remove that add-on. And the add-on version from “official” add-ons always matches the version of OH you are running, because they are a core part of OH itself.

OK, I now understand that the “Add-On Store” is not the same as “the Marketplace”.

IMHO, these two things look way too similar and are too much in the same place in the UI to make it inutitive for users to understand the huge difference between the two.

I suppose they are where they are because technically, they are probably not so difference, but from a user perspective they are very different in that I have to manually take care of one but not of the other.