Milight 2.4 -V6 bridge with session timeout warning after 10 seconds

Dear all,

i need some help at configuration of the MiLight Binding in Openhab 2.4. I got every 10 seconds the following message in the Logs:

Events.log:
2019-01-05 22:55:23.703 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘milight:bridgeV6:F0FE6BCFB7EE’ changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_WAIT_FOR_BRIDGE
2019-01-05 22:55:23.718 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘milight:bridgeV6:F0FE6BCFB7EE’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_WAIT_FOR_BRIDGE to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_WAIT_FOR_SESSION_SID
2019-01-05 22:55:23.750 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘milight:bridgeV6:F0FE6BCFB7EE’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_WAIT_FOR_SESSION_SID to OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_NEED_REGISTER
2019-01-05 22:55:23.906 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - ‘milight:bridgeV6:F0FE6BCFB7EE’ changed from OFFLINE (CONFIGURATION_PENDING): SESSION_NEED_REGISTER to ONLINE
2019-01-05 22:55:23.906 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing ‘milight:bridgeV6:F0FE6BCFB7EE’ has been updated.

Openhab.log:
2019-01-05 22:55:23.703 [WARN ] [nal.protocol.MilightV6SessionManager] - Session timeout!
2019-01-05 22:55:23.765 [INFO ] [nal.protocol.MilightV6SessionManager] - Confirmation received for unsend command. Sequence number: 0

Can anybody help me at the configuration?

Thanks in advance…

Robert

Dear all,

I have now testet the milight-Binding in the old Openhab-Installation (Openhab 2.2 on Synology DiskStation) and in this environment after I manual add the bridge (which is an iBox2), i get all the things in the inbox, which i can change with the bridge. The Dialog in this 2.2-binding is little different (you can see it at the attached screenshot).

In the new Openhab-Installation (Openhab 2.4 in Windows7-VM on Synology DiskStation) this configuration dialog looks like in the following screenshot.

Is there a possibility to work with the Milight-Binding 2.2 on the Openhab 2.4 Installation or could i connect the Openhab 2.2 installation via Openhab Rest-API to the Openhab 2.4 installation? I would be very pleased, if anyone could me give a hint or could me describe, what is the best way to solve tihs problem. Thanks in advance…

Best regards

Robert

Dear Community,

is there a possible way to configure mqtt on both Openhab-Instances and could i then address the milight-binding on Openhab 2.2-Installation via mqtt-commands on the Openhab2.4-Installation? Could anyone give me a hint, what could be a possible way? I have also read something about jar-Files, but i don’t know, where i can download the old jar-File and how i can implement the Milight2.2-Binding in Openhab2.4. Thanks in advance…

Best regards

Robert

Yes you can control milight with mqtt from multiple openhabs if you use this binding and build a hub

Dear Matt,

thanks for your Reply. Im not so a Hobbyists but i will try it. I hope i will buy the right things.

Best regards

Robert

The milight 2.4 binding is as unstable as it ever was, it just logs all failures now. The 2.2 version is not better in any way.

Did you find a solution to this? I am running into the same issue…

Me too…

Most people that have Milights are probably using the unmerged EspMilightHub binding that you can find on this forum. Many advantages of going that way.