Missing: A binding for Discovergy Smart Meters! :-)

Would you mind submitting a PR so the binding can become an official part of OH ?
Thanks for your contribution.

Unfortunately it’s a lot more effort to get a binding into openHAB than just getting a binding done that works. If someone wants to work on that I’m more than happy to share what I have. It’s not in a state where it can be merged yet, so whoever wants to work on it will need to do changes.

Why dont you just publish the code you created on github - initial release - alpha - use at own risk.
Maybe we discovergy users are just few but we might be nerds :nerd_face:
And - support from OH commutity is great as well.
As the binding never really worked good for me (because I was on an OH version ahead or behind) I installed and configured FHEM (which has a working binding) to publish to mqtt and grabbed the values in OH. A true performance killer on RPI3 and FHEM config was a nightmare for me. So I even tried to disassemble your module to recompile and better integrate it. Spent quite a few hours on that till I realised how stupid this was.
Not sure - but maybe my time could have been spent better if your source code was public…

It doesn’t matter if you’re ahead or behind a version. Only major version jumps broke it (and I’ve released a new version soon-ish afterwards to address this).

At the moment the API is broken anyways…

API is working.
Not yet perfect again for historical data but I get what I need

Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[meterId] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[manufacturerId] => ESY
[serialNumber] => xxxxxx
[fullSerialNumber] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[printedFullSerialNumber] => xxxxxxxxxxxx
[location] => Array
(
[street] => xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[streetNumber] => x
[zip] => xxxxx
[city] => xxxxxx
[country] => DE
)

[administrationNumber] => DE000xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        [type] => ESY
        [measurementType] => ELECTRICITY
        [loadProfileType] => SLP
        [scalingFactor] => 1
        [currentScalingFactor] => 1
        [voltageScalingFactor] => 1
        [internalMeters] => 1
        [firstMeasurementTime] => 1697184377595
        [lastMeasurementTime] => 1698110015584
    )

)

Does anyone know what energy1 and energy2 readings from api are?
I have the following fields from GET call on api at /field_names:

[
“energy”,
“energy1”,
“energy2”,
“energyOut”,
“power”,
“phase1Power”,
“phase2Power”,
“phase3Power”,
“phase1Voltage”,
“phase2Voltage”,
“phase3Voltage”
]

others get:

[
  "energy",
  "energyOut",
  "power",
  "power1",
  "power2",
  "power3",
  "voltage1",
  "voltage2",
  "voltage3"
]

Hi,

I also asked myself why @Flole didn’t publish the binding somewhere on any “git”-platform? It would be much easier to collaborate for who is interested in.
I’m not into openhab developing nor do I really know the underlying karaf/OSGi architecture. But the possibility to read the code makes many things much easier than dealing with a black box.

So +1 from me for publishing the code for the standalone binding, please :slightly_smiling_face: