Missing configuration parameters from Z-Wave device

I have a GE/Jasco 42603 Z-Wave dimmer but it appears to be missing several configuration parameters? (specifically interested in parameter 6).

Here’s the device in the OpenHab Z-Wave db as far as I can tell: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/1080

How can I make these available for my Thing?

I get a 500 error when trying to add zwave tag to this post…

Known issue with unknown solution. Added z-wave tag.

1 Like

Do you have HABmin installed? I fond that easier to verify that your device matches that database entry.
I find the Paper UI difficult to get the needed information.
Configuration -> Things -> [thing] -> Attributes (all the way at the bottom on the right)
It should look similar to this (different Thing)

1 Like

nice pointer on HABmin… much more concise but more informative at the same time. It does look like it matched the correct device, judging by Type/ID at least:

1 Like

oh and I forgot to mention my version: openhab2-2.5.0-1.noarch

1 Like

If you do not see the configuration Parameters in HABmin I would delete the thing (do NOT exclude) from OH and re-discover.
From HABmin you can use the trashcan Delete button at the top of the page.
Select the magnifying glass with the plus sign to the right of the HABmin name. image
In the upper right you should see an icon flashing. Click it and add the device. Sometimes the discovery works better a second time.

1 Like

No change unfortunately, still the same two configuration parameters (3, 4) only.

I assume the ZWave database is installed with OpenHab, rather than being queried online. Where can I find it to check it does indeed have those parameters?

I see that entry was last updated 20 days ago by me but I do not remember what I changed :frowning: I would expect those updates to be in 2.5.1-2. You would then need to delete & re-discover the Thing to get the latest changes…

You’ve added config parameter 3, 4, 6, 16, 19, 30, 31, 32.

I can see them on github, merged 17 days ago. So a recent zwave snapshot binding is needed to have those parameters showing up.

1 Like

So it may or may not be in 2.5.1 which was announced that same day :frowning: That also explains why the OP does not have parameter 6.

The missing parameters are now showing up for me after upgrading to 2.5.1

1 Like