Modbus errors

I have alot of this errors in my log. Would it be possible to give a Waring when it retries and Error when al retries fails?

2021-01-18 11:20:47.094 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - connect try 1/5 error: connect timed out. Connection TCPMasterConnection@e533c0[socket=Socket[unconnected]]. Endpoint ModbusTCPSlaveEndpoint@1d6b7db[address=192.168.192.68,port=502]
2021-01-18 11:21:43.347 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - connect try 1/5 error: connect timed out. Connection TCPMasterConnection@7a5fca[socket=Socket[unconnected]]. Endpoint ModbusTCPSlaveEndpoint@1d6b7db[address=192.168.192.68,port=502]
2021-01-18 11:22:50.964 [ERROR] [ing.ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl] - connect try 1/5 error: connect timed out. Connection TCPMasterConnection@a4de66[socket=Socket[unconnected]]. Endpoint ModbusTCPSlaveEndpoint@1d6b7db[address=192.168.192.68,port=502]

@ssalonen Do you have any input on this?

off-topic ; you could try fixing the underlying error by use of timeBetweenReconnectMillis parameter

I can not se how this parameters should change that it is timing out on the first try?

We donā€™t know why it times out on the first try, but it might be because the remote end is still tidying up the old connection and will not yet accept a new connection. It might work better if you allow more time between a disconnect and reconnect.

I am just pulling every 60 sec.

Alright, weā€™ve seen devices before that do not disconnect cleanly with the default binding settings. Try increasing reconnectAfterMillis to an hour or so.

Good suggestion adjusting logging.

Would you like make a PR?

openhab-core/ModbusSlaveConnectionFactoryImpl.java at main Ā· openhab/openhab-core Ā· GitHub line 322

I will look into if i can do a PR :slight_smile:

1 Like

If i use reconnectAfterMillis it does not reconnect and i get to much updates.

You are always using reconnectAfterMillis whether you set it to something non-default or not, it exists and is used.

If you want some help with that, please say what you are doing and what ā€˜too much updatesā€™ means.

1 Like

PR done.
Can you check it i missed something.

1 Like