Modbus stops without any errors

Thank you once again. I can also confirm that the fix is in for 2.5.9 release.

So at that point should we install the Modbus binding using the PaperUI and nothing else needed?

As far as you know will the Modbus binding be ready to go for openhab 3?

1 Like

Just installed the latest version.

Changed my thing back to:

Bridge modbus:tcp:SE7K [ host="10.0.0.34", port=502, id=1, timeBetweenTransactionsMillis=100, 
timeBetweenReconnectMillis=1000, connectMaxTries=3, reconnectAfterMillis=1000, connectTimeoutMillis=2500 /*, updateUnchangedValuesEveryMillis=60000*/ ] { 

Will let you know what the outcome is.

I think itā€™s commented out, but reminder that parameter does not belong to a Bridge type Thing.

The other settings here will hammer your slave device with TCP reconnect cycles, which is no bad thing for testing. You might want to review for efficiency later.

1 Like

Yes @BHall, fixes will be included part of 2.5.9.

All openhab2 bindings will be ready for openhab3, modbus included :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So far everything is still running without an error. Seems like you fixed it.

Many thank youā€™s to everybody involved in fixing this!

2 Likes

Same hereā€¦ No issue at all.
IĀ“ll let it run for now, and probably skip 2.5.9 update.

1 Like

Yesterday evening, Iā€™ve updated to 2.5.9 Daily 225-1 and the modbus binding is still working well :+1:

1 Like

It has been running for almost 3 weeks without errors. I consider it definitely fixed.

2 Likes

Hello
I have the same problem on openHAB 3.0.0.RC1.
After a few hours modbus seral stops polling, but in the setting page it is al online.
does anyone use modbus serial connection on OH3 ?

thank you

Hi. Any news regarding this issue? I switched to OH3 and I use connection through serial. Binding seems to stop working after some time.

Hi . I just jumped back to OH 2 . Waiting for better news on serial modbus in OH3.

I wonder is this reported problem with unreliable CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifiers() is related

run into the same issue in OH3
the serial rtu modbus connection is not stable and the binding stops working after failing reconnect.

I guess this is up to the openhab core to fix this , right?

This is the understanding indeed, bundled serial library should be fixed in core.

I switched to OH3 this month without any issues regarding the modbus binding.