Monopriceaudio binding communication_error - OH4 to blame?

Unfortunately, my attempts to upgrade to OH4 were unsuccessful. So I backed up my configuration and started with a fresh openhabian image. I saved my backup as ‘initial.zip’ into the /boot partition prior to inserting the flash drive into the rpi4 for setup/installation. Most everything was setup perfectly once installation completed, but there are some manual configuration steps that I am discovering and fixing as I go (e.g. mosquitto mqtt setup, timezone setup, etc).
This brings me to my current issue, I have confirmed that the serial device is still /dev/ttyUSB0, and manually added openhab to the dialup group

usermod -a -G dialout openhab

and restarted my rpi and amp several times, still no connection. Here is my thing definition:

monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp "Monoprice WHA" [ serialPort="/dev/ttyUSB0", pollingInterval=15, numZones=12, inputLabel1="PA", inputLabel2="Kitchen", inputLabel3="Office", inputLabel4="Master Bath", inputLabel5="Phono", inputLabel6="TV"]

Here is my ssh printout:

###############################################################################
###############  openhabian  ##################################################
##        Ip = 192.168.0.24
##   Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
##    Kernel = Linux 6.1.21-v8+
##  Platform = Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
##    Uptime = 0 day(s). 0:3:30
## CPU Usage = 0.25% avg over 4 cpu(s) (4 core(s) x 1 socket(s))
##  CPU Load = 1m: 0.64, 5m: 0.56, 15m: 0.25
##    Memory = Free: 2.44GB (65%), Used: 1.31GB (35%), Total: 3.75GB
##      Swap = Free: 2.99GB (100%), Used: 0.00GB (0%), Total: 2.99GB
##      Root = Free: 22.41GB (80%), Used: 5.43GB (20%), Total: 29.07GB
##   Updates = 4 apt updates available.
##  Sessions = 1 session(s)
## Processes = 158 running processes of 32768 maximum processes

_   _     _     ____   _               
  ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ ) (_)  ____   ___  
 / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \ | | / _  \ / _ \ 
| (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )| || (_) || | | |
 \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/ |_| \__|_||_| | |
      |_|                  openHAB 4.0.3 - Release Build          

Looking for a place to get started? Check out 'sudo openhabian-config' and the
documentation at https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/openhabian.html
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://GoebelHAB:8080
To interact with openHAB on the command line, execute: 'openhab-cli --help'

openhabian@GoebelHAB:~ $ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 188, 0 Sep 29 17:59 /dev/ttyUSB0
openhabian@GoebelHAB:~ $ id
uid=1000(openhabian) gid=114(openhab) groups=114(openhab),4(adm),5(tty),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),29(audio),34(backup),44(video),46(plugdev),60(games),100(users),104(input),106(render),108(netdev),112(bluetooth),117(mosquitto),997(gpio),998(i2c),999(spi),1000(openhabian)
Here is the error code in my log:
2023-09-29 18:02:08.561 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from UNKNOWN to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

Any help would be appreciated!

There is an issue with the monoprice binding in OH4.0 . There is an updated jar available that you can manually apply to fix the issue. More details here: Monoprice Whole Home with Ser2Net not working - #9 by mlobstein

Thank you for the quick response, and sorry I didn’t uncover that other thread during my troubleshooting. I have stopped the existing monoprice bundle and started the bundle you provided… it seemed like openHAB was unhappy with both running simultaneously. Was that the right approach?

261 x Resolved x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MonopriceAudio Binding
262 x Active   x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MQTT Broker Binding
283 x Active   x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB UI :: Bundles :: Basic UI
284 x Active   x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB UI :: Bundles :: HABPanel UI
286 x Active   x  80 x 4.1.0.202309012037     x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MonopriceAudio Binding

I am getting intermittent connectivity now.

2023-09-29 23:30:02.030 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

2023-09-29 23:30:04.194 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests to ONLINE

2023-09-29 23:30:17.904 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

2023-09-29 23:30:20.068 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests to ONLINE

2023-09-29 23:30:33.777 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

2023-09-29 23:30:35.940 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests to ONLINE

2023-09-29 23:31:19.653 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

2023-09-29 23:31:21.832 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests to ONLINE

2023-09-29 23:32:05.542 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests

2023-09-29 23:32:07.717 [INFO ] [ab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'monopriceaudio:amplifier:myamp' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Amplifier not responding to status requests to ONLINE

I must be missing something?

Did you remove the original binding via the admin UI under Settings->Bindings?

No I did not, should I do that before installing your patch?

Yes, it should be removed from the list of installed bindings. The patched jar in the addon folder is acting as a replacement.

Ok, I uninstalled the monoprice binding using admin Paper UI. I then rebooted my rpi. Here is confirmation that the required jar is in my addon folder, and that it is an active bundle.

openhabian@GoebelHAB:~ $ cd /usr/share/openhab/addons
openhabian@GoebelHAB:/usr/share/openhab/addons $ ls -l
total 384740
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab 393903990 Sep  9 16:27 openhab-addons-4.0.3.kar
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab     59838 Sep  1 15:05 org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-rw-rw-r-- 1 openhab openhab        70 Sep  9 16:26 README
openhabian@GoebelHAB:/usr/share/openhab/addons $ openhab-cli console

Logging in as openhab
Password:  
Failed to load native library:jansi-2.4.0-6cdffe65fc8e84d6-libjansi.so. osinfo: Linux/arm
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jansi-2.4.0-6cdffe65fc8e84d6-libjansi.so: /var/lib/openhab/tmp/jansi-2.4.0-6cdffe65fc8e84d6-libjansi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

_   _     _     ____  
   ___   ___   ___   ___  | | | |   / \   | __ ) 
  / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ / _ \ | |_| |  / _ \  |  _ \ 
 | (_) | (_) |  __/| | | ||  _  | / ___ \ | |_) )
  \___/|  __/ \___/|_| |_||_| |_|/_/   \_\|____/ 
       |_|       4.0.3 - Release Build

Use '<tab>' for a list of available commands
and '[cmd] --help' for help on a specific command.
To exit, use '<ctrl-d>' or 'logout'.

openhab> bundle:list | grep openHAB                                                                                                                                                    
150 x Active  x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Core
315 x Active  x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport for RFC2217
316 x Active  x  80 x 4.1.0.202309012037     x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MonopriceAudio Binding
openhab>

But upon restart, I am seeing lots of errors, and still have intermittent connectivity with the amp.

2023-09-30 09:08:50.903 [WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - bundle org.openhab.core.thing:4.0.3 (212)[org.openhab.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl(310)] : Could not get service from ref {org.openhab.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=532, service.bundleid=308, service.scope=bundle, osgi.ds.satisfying.condition.target=(osgi.condition.id=true), component.name=org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio.internal.MonopriceAudioHandlerFactory, component.id=357}

2023-09-30 09:08:50.904 [WARN ] [core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl] - bundle org.openhab.core.thing:4.0.3 (212)[org.openhab.core.thing.internal.ThingManagerImpl(310)] : DependencyManager : invokeBindMethod : Service not available from service registry for ServiceReference {org.openhab.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=532, service.bundleid=308, service.scope=bundle, osgi.ds.satisfying.condition.target=(osgi.condition.id=true), component.name=org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio.internal.MonopriceAudioHandlerFactory, component.id=357} for reference ThingHandlerFactory

2023-09-30 09:08:50.906 [ERROR] [nternal.MonopriceAudioHandlerFactory] - bundle org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio:4.0.3 (308)[org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio.internal.MonopriceAudioHandlerFactory(357)] : Error during instantiation of the implementation object

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[?:?]

at jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstanceWithCaller(Constructor.java:499) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:480) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.internal.ComponentConstructorImpl.newInstance(ComponentConstructorImpl.java:326) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createImplementationObject(SingleComponentManager.java:286) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.createComponent(SingleComponentManager.java:115) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:1002) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getServiceInternal(SingleComponentManager.java:975) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.getService(SingleComponentManager.java:920) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse$1.run(ServiceFactoryUse.java:220) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:318) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.factoryGetService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:217) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceFactoryUse.getService(ServiceFactoryUse.java:118) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceConsumer$2.getService(ServiceConsumer.java:48) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.getService(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:547) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.getService(ServiceRegistry.java:534) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.getService(BundleContextImpl.java:660) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleRefPair.getServiceObject(SingleRefPair.java:88) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.inject.methods.BindMethod.getServiceObject(BindMethod.java:675) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.getServiceObject(DependencyManager.java:2612) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.doInvokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:2078) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager.invokeBindMethod(DependencyManager.java:2061) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.SingleComponentManager.invokeBindMethod(SingleComponentManager.java:443) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:336) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.DependencyManager$MultipleDynamicCustomizer.addedService(DependencyManager.java:304) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1232) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.customizerAdded(ServiceTracker.java:1152) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.trackAdding(ServiceTracker.java:959) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$AbstractTracked.track(ServiceTracker.java:895) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ServiceTracker$Tracked.serviceChanged(ServiceTracker.java:1184) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator$ListenerInfo.serviceChanged(BundleComponentActivator.java:116) ~[?:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.FilteredServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceListener.java:123) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:961) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegistry.java:937) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:874) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:141) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceRegistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:262) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:500) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:929) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager$3.register(AbstractComponentManager.java:915) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.RegistrationManager.changeRegistration(RegistrationManager.java:133) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.registerService(AbstractComponentManager.java:984) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.activateInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:752) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enableInternal(AbstractComponentManager.java:674) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.AbstractComponentManager.enable(AbstractComponentManager.java:437) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.manager.ConfigurableComponentHolder.enableComponents(ConfigurableComponentHolder.java:671) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.BundleComponentActivator.initialEnable(BundleComponentActivator.java:310) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:593) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.access$200(Activator.java:74) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator$ScrExtension.start(Activator.java:460) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.createExtension(AbstractExtender.java:196) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:169) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.AbstractExtender.modifiedBundle(AbstractExtender.java:49) ~[?:?]

at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:488) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]

at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.customizerModified(BundleTracker.java:420) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]

at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(AbstractTracked.java:232) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]

at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundleChanged(BundleTracker.java:450) ~[osgi.core-8.0.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:949) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEventPrivileged(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:229) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:138) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxEventPublisher.publishBundleEvent(EquinoxEventPublisher.java:130) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor.publishModuleEvent(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:217) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.publishEvent(Module.java:499) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:486) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:464) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.BundleInstallSupportImpl.startBundle(BundleInstallSupportImpl.java:165) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.startBundle(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1160) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:1041) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.doProvision(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1069) ~[?:?]

at org.apache.karaf.features.internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl.lambda$doProvisionInThread$13(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:1004) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635) ~[?:?]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]

I forgot that I was calling the monopriceaudio addon in my addon.cfg file…

# A comma-separated list of bindings to install (e.g. "binding = knx,sonos,zwave")

binding = mqtt , network , astro , monopriceaudio , networkupstools, openweathermap

I tried removing that and uninstalling the binding again, and rebooting my rpi, now I am getting a different error:

2023-09-30 09:24:11.523 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.monopriceaudio [316]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.openhab.core.io.transport.serial
	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:445) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.18.0.jar:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) ~[?:?]
	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) ~[?:?]

The bundle is installed but not active:

openhab> bundle:list | grep openHAB
150 x Active    x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Core
151 x Active    x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Add-on XML
284 x Active    x  80 x 4.0.3                  x openHAB UI :: Bundles :: HABPanel UI
316 x Installed x  80 x 4.1.0.202309012037     x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MonopriceAudio Binding

You can run this command from the console to install the missing dependency:

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

I am not sure if that will stick upon reboot of openhabian.
If it doesn’t, just install the ‘serial’ binding which will install the serial transport dependency.

Thank you so much for patiently working with me on this. I think the additional work following installation of your updated jar file was helpful to round out my configuration. But I must admit, that the crux of my intermittent connection issues once the jar was installed likely stemmed from the fact that I had forgotten to detach the monoprice cat5e keypad that I had been using to provide limited control of the amp when the full serial control via openhab was non-functional… I feel dumb about that. Once I disconnected that cat5e keypad from the amp I got a solid connection to openhab! Thank you for providing a patch so I can use OH4 to continue to control my whole house audio!