More than one event on astro:sun:local:set#event

Hi guys, I have a quick question: I have been using openhab for years, now we have new neighbors (or rather the neighbors’ house is finished and they are finally moving in) and my wife doesn’t want people to watch us eat and it’s already dark outside. So far I have used the “astro:sun:local:set#event” to move ALL the blinds, but with a time shift. But now I don’t want to move all of them at once, but the ones in the dining room when the sun has completely set and the others as before.
Let’s make it short: is there the possibility of a 2nd → “astro:sun:local:set#event” without a time shift? If not, how can this be solved, I have the time when the sun sets “astro:sun:local:set#end”. Does anyone have an elegant solution?

Create another Astro Thing and set the timeshift to whatever you need.
You may create as many Astro Things as you want …

1 Like

is this reall a clean solution, looks like a litle bit exaggerated. A new thing for calling an event ?

If you don’t like it, don’t do it.

It works for me since years …

Another option is a timer in your rule. Let the sunset event trigger your rule, command the dining room curtains and set a timer in the rule for the other curtains.

Use one of the other groups. Any of them can be offset.

• group rise, set, noon, night, morningNight, astroDawn, nauticDawn, civilDawn, astroDusk, nauticDusk, civilDusk, eveningNight, daylight

You might not even need an offset if one serves your purposes by definition.

Instead of using an event channel you may be able to use a channel which yields the sun set time and link it to multiple items.
The trick is to use a profile „timestamp with delay“ (my openhab is in german, I hope this english name for the profile is correct) with different delays for each item.

Have your rules trigger on „it is a date and time specified in an item“.
==> one astro channel can set many items with different time shifts which in turn will trigger rules

1 Like