Motion Detection: FIbaro Motion Sensor

Hi,

I’m using a Fibaro Motion Sensor to measure Temperature, Luminance, Seismic Intensity, Battery Status and Motion.

Unfourtunately I cannot manage to detect Motion. I created an Item from Category Motion with type Switch, so I want to get feedback, if there is motion or not.

How can I do that? Every other measured quantity I use works fine, but when I look at the logs I never see the Motion Item get updated.

Also I get this error:

zwave:device:1c19d802:node2' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Node is not communicating with controller

see Logfiles : logs

Thanks alot everybody, hope someone can help as I’m gettin really frustrated :smiley:

best regards,

Armin

How did you configure the node ? from cli or the gui (paperUI or habmin)

Here is the item configuration taken from habmin

• as cgeo mentioned “Did you set up the thing and item via paperui or via files?”

Here is my setup of the item within the items file:

Switch F2_Motion “Bewegung OG” (F2_Main, Motion) [ “Motion” ] { channel=“zwave:device:16117d1edc0:node15:alarm_motion” }

• Did you check if the zwave node is available and working in the zwave network viewer?

• Can you check if you get feedback from the temperature? like with the following item channel (you need to adapt that to your thing)?
    zwave:device:16117d1edc0:node15:sensor_temperature

Hi Thank you very much for your fast replies!!!

@cgeo: :

I configured the node via paper ui and adjusted the Parameters for Motion in Habmin

Item in Habmin:

The configuration I did for the node in habmin, see attached files.

@stefan.hoehn

I configured via UI, as I don’t have any experience with config files.

See Screenshot of networkviewer attached please.

I’m using the Sensor with all it’s features already (temp, seismic, luminance), the only thing not working is the Motion Detection. So Temperature works just fine.

Thank you very much for your help guys!!

NEtworkViewer

Hello @arminfb

Is your motion sensor included correctly to your network?
As long you get the error, that its offline you wont receive any updates.
This motion sensors as a little button near to the battery. Press is three times, while the motion sensor is close to the controller and watch what happens in the logfile.

Hi @michael_sutter,

thanks for your advice!

the Sensor is included correctly, I can tell that, as all the other measured quantities as Temperature, Luminance and Seismic are reported correctly.

can you show us the channel configuration for motion in habmin ?

• Can you click on the network viewer? The node is shown in red which is not a good sign
  • The other trap that I fell into was that because it is a battery device it did not update my settings. The way I achieved it was by setting the wakeup interval to 60 (seconds) instead of 7200 which is 2 hours.

I’m not really sure which configuration-view you mean?

I think it was just a bad moment to take the screenshot, it is normally not red, but I can’t click it:

My Wakeup interval is set to 1 :smiley: and polling period 60

other thing, that is weird is the Error message I get every now and then:

2018-03-01 12:01:17.320 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:1c19d802:node2' changed from ONLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Node is not communicating with controller

2018-03-01 12:01:53.089 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'zwave:device:1c19d802:node2' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Node is not communicating with controller to ONLINE

What I basically need it this scenario:

• Temperature and Luminance report every 30 seconds
  • Seismic and Motion Detection report on Change

is there a way I can do this?

I also had problems getingelt this Sensor working.

After removing the Sensor completely and Adding it again using habadmin it Workshop just Fine.
I remember there is a Setting which Controller will be notified by certain Events in fubaro Sensor Settings. I habe set it to openhab.

Sorry i just can describe from Memory currently because my System is Not available die to movement into a new House.

Good luck