MPD binding stops receiving info from mpd

After a while openhab stops receiving info from mpd.
But i can send info to mpd from openhab.

Some info from openhab.log

2015-10-22 16:54:32.520 [WARN ] [inding.mpd.internal.MpdBinding] - Failed to communicate with 'kitchen'
2015-10-22 16:58:32.116 [INFO ] [inding.mpd.internal.MpdBinding] - executed commandLine 'play' for player 'kitchen'
2015-10-22 16:58:36.990 [INFO ] [inding.mpd.internal.MpdBinding] - executed commandLine 'stop' for player 'kitchen'

If i restart openhan everthing is ok again.

Andreas H

I´ve seen this message inside my openhab.logs. I always get this entry as soon as I stop playback. My mpd server is forked-daapd.

What are you using?

Hello

I am running mopidy on a raspberrypi

Andreas

Do you experience the same log entry when you issue the stop command?

Yes all comands :frowning:

Ok. I guess we´re facing the same problem. I will have a look at the source code at the weekend. I´ve seen some reconnect attempt at midnight. Maybe it runs into a timeout.

Have you find some time to look at the source code?

I´ve had a chance, but I just found out that there´s this reconnect problem at midnight. I wasn´t able to fix this behaviour at the moment.

I have the same problem with mpd:
INFO | jvm 1 | 2015/12/05 20:32:40 | 2015-12-05 20:32:40.037 [WARN ] [inding.mpd.internal.MpdBinding] - Failed to communicate with ‘mpdcubie’
Commands executed without problems but track and artist name does not updated. I need to switch tracks (streams) few times.
This problem appeared when i play internet radio streams. My player is mpd.
I suppouse this problem will be resolved in 1.8 version.

I believe this problem still occurs? I am running openhab 2 with the new mpd binding and after some time openhab stops receiving anything from mpd - play stop commmands and track info

openhab can still control mpd though?

Anyone else with this issue?