MQTT Binding Migration - Simultan Operation(?)

After so many back/forth discussions with myself i now have to start with migration to MQTT2 binding (on 2.5.12). I found the old threat where someone explained shortly the steps. does not completely look the same but mostly.
happily i read that its possible to use both MQTT bindings in parallel which would make migration much more easy with less stress in fixing all at the same time…is that true.

As my broker thing does not go ONLINE at all.

Using that:

but not going online…simply localhost and 1883. and of course a new ID.

Any idea…maybe its not possible to use them in parallel???

Thanks
Norbert

Try it with the real IP (not 127.0.0.1).

Any hints in the log?

Note that the latest binding documentation for OH2 says the opposite:

This binding is not supposed to run in parallel to the old mqtt1-binding. Please uninstall the old binding before installing this binding.

According the initial post OH 2.5.12 is used hence not OH3 (which would be the latest).
Looking into the version 2 docs (here ) I don’t see this comment.

thanks for your replies. I removed MQTT1 and suddenly the Broker Thing went online…will have to experiment a little and do an ALL-at-once approach…

Good catch and sorry for the obvious faulty comment. It “used” to be so that you could use both bindings in parallel, hence the threads you did find. Can’t say when that change was introduced.

It was true at one point. I don’t think that’s still true. Sometime around 2.5.1 I think an incompatibility was introduced. In OH 3 the 1.x binding is not supported at all.

thanks! i know thats more or less the compelling reason to go through this migration…

Check my link again - it points to the V2 doc. I specifically said OH2.

Again check the link - you need the main MQTT Binding page.

:+1:

1 Like

:woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: