MQTT messages does not show up in paperUI

item file:

Number		soffth1604_stan		"Pompa mieszajaca"		<selfsocket>		{ mqtt="<[mosquitto:soffth1604/RelayState/Stan:state:default]" }
Number		soffth1604_temp		"Temp. wody [%.1f]"		<selftemperature>	{ mqtt="<[mosquitto:soffth1604/Temperatura/Temp:state:default]" }
Number		soffth1604_rssi		"Sygnal Wifi"			<qualityofservice>	{ mqtt="<[mosquitto:soffth1604/SygnalWiFi/moc:state:default]" }

sitemap file:

...	Frame label="somelabel" {
		Default	item=soffth1604_stan		label="Pompa mieszajaca"
		Default	item=soffth1604_temp		label="Temp. c.w.o"
		Default	item=soffth1604_rssi		label="Sygnal WiFi"
		}	

Now problem - in BasicUI see temperature (soffth1604_temp), BUT I dont see soffth1604_rssi value or soffth1604_stan value (0 or 1).

I checked events.log:

ubuntu@oh2:~$ tail -f /var/log/openhab2/events.log
2017-12-10 20:41:43.853 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - soffth1604_temp changed from 38.5 to 38.6
2017-12-10 20:44:05.172 [ItemStateChangedEvent     ] - soffth1604_rssi changed from -50.00 to -51.00

I tried to change sitemap’s element from “Default” to “Text” for these problematic positions but it wont work.

What is wrong ? What I can not see ?

It helps us read your logs and code better if you use code fences.

```
code goes here
```

Do you not see the element at all or do you not see the Item’s value?

If the latter, it is because you are overriding the label defined on the Item on the Sitemap and your label for temp doesn’t have the [%.1f] which is what causes the Sitemap to print the state.

The rssi is missing the [ ] part of the label in both places.

Thank you for your help.
As you see I added code quotes in my first post.

Answering your question: I do see mqtt messages in events.log from these two (rssi and pump state) items but i do not see item’s values on BasicUI (previously I wrote by mistake PaperUI).

basicui

I got it !!
Lack of state presentation in sitemap was the cause …

Thank you Great Rich Koshak :wink: