MQTT problem with OpenHAB on Synology

I have serious problem in understanding the openhab guide…please, can you tell me what I have to wrote in the Rule file to make what are you saying to me? Thanks

As far I remember TOGGLE command works only over rest since it is hardcoded there. It is not a valid command in other places. Likely for MQTT. Try ON and OFF to see if config works.

as I said, I am currently using it on openhab on raspberry…

See here, toggle is supported command if you submit request over rest:

I’m not using a TOGGLE command. Infact my command is TOOGLE, but it could be also “switch”. The action is set in the rule files.

//This is the rules file
rule "update pulsante"
when 
    Item pulsante received command TOOGLE
then
    if(Philips_Switch.state == ON) sendCommand(Philips_Switch, OFF)
    else sendCommand(Philips_Switch, ON)
end

That’s my point. If your item is a Switch or Contact it will never be able to receive a “toggle” command because it is not a valid command to be transmitted by openHAB core. For Switch you can send only ON and OFF commands and for Contact valid commands are OPEN and CLOSED. What your rule is actually looking for is a “state change”.

There was discussion about supporting TOGGLE in the core but it was rejected: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-core/issues/947

Best,
Łukasz

That was my first thought too but it’s on a String Item and if I recall correctly the MQTT binding will use “TOGGLE” so I don’t think that’s a problem in this particular case. It definitely would be a problem for a Switch Item.

logInfo("heating-control.rules", "This is a log entry of type Info!")

Add lines like that which will add entries in openhab.log and show whether or not the rule is running.