MQTT set up help

I have just installed openhabian and downloaded the mqtt binding using the paper ui but cant get a openhab to read the mqtt. I have subscribed using mqttfx and can see the message when subscribed to my raspberry pis ip. Im hoping i have done something simple wrong.

mqtt.cfg

URL to the MQTT broker, e.g. tcp://localhost:1883 or ssl://localhost:8883

broker.url=tcp://192.168.#.##:1883

Optional. Client id (max 23 chars) to use when connecting to the broker.

If not provided a random default is generated.

broker.clientId=openhab2

Optional. True or false. If set to true, allows the use of clientId values

up to 65535 characters long. Defaults to false.

NOTE: clientId values longer than 23 characters may not be supported by all

MQTT servers. Check the server documentation.

#.allowLongerClientIds=false

Optional. User id to authenticate with the broker.

#.user=

Optional. Password to authenticate with the broker.

#.pwd=

Optional. Set the quality of service level for sending messages to this broker.

Possible values are 0 (Deliver at most once),1 (Deliver at least once) or 2

(Deliver exactly once). Defaults to 0.

#.qos=

Optional. True or false. Defines if the broker should retain the messages sent to

it. Defaults to false.

#.retain=

Optional. True or false. Defines if messages are published asynchronously or

synchronously. Defaults to true.

#.async=

Optional. Defines the last will and testament that is sent when this client goes offline

Format: topic:message:qos:retained

#.lwt=

item
Number Temperature_master_bedroom “Master Bedroom Temp [%.1f]” (ff_Master_bedroom,Temp_Chart) {mqtt="<{broker:home/master_bedroom/temperature:state:default]"}

sitemap

sitemap home label=“Home” {
Frame label=“Date” {
Text item=Temperature_master_bedroom
}
}

Log

2018-07-30 13:46:35.438 [thome.event.ExtensionEvent] - Extension ‘binding-mqtt1’ has been installed.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-07-30 13:47:51.038 [WARN ] [g.dispatch.internal.ConfigDispatcher] - Could not parse line ‘Define your MQTT broker connections here for use in the MQTT Binding or MQTT# Persistence bundles. Replace with an ID you choose.’

2018-07-30 13:47:51.051 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.

2018-07-30 13:47:51.061 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection ‘broker’

2018-07-30 13:54:12.867 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘home.items’

2018-07-30 13:58:49.748 [INFO ] [penhab.io.transport.mqtt.MqttService] - MQTT Service initialization completed.

2018-07-30 13:58:49.753 [INFO ] [t.mqtt.internal.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection 'broker

Can anyone see what i have done wrong?

i can subscribe to it through the terminal as i just checked that.

[20:00:27] openhabian@openHABianPi:/etc/openhab2/sitemaps$ mosquitto_sub -t home/master_bedroom/temperature

item
Number Temperature_master_bedroom “Master Bedroom Temp [%.1f]” (ff_Master_bedroom,Temp_Chart) { mqtt="<[broker:home/master_bedroom/temperature:state:default]" }
1 Like

thank you for your reply,it is giving me this error:

2018-07-30 20:22:43.871 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘home.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [3,35]: missing EOF at ‘“’

i put the “” back in and that worted that, im now getting the tempertures sent in the log but not on my BasicUI

2018-07-30 20:24:56.133 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Temperature_master_bedroom changed from NULL to 30.9

Would you belive it, i restarted it and it works. Thanks