MQTT System Broker no more selectable after upgarde to 3.3.0 M2 from M1

I have been using zigbee2Mqtt for years. When I moved openhab 3.1, I started to use the system MQTT Broker. In openhad 3.3.0.M1, it is still working. I did the upgrade to M2 and it doesnt anymore. If I uninstall the MQTT binding, re-install it and properly configure the system MQTT Broker, all my existing MQTT thing dont work amd if I try to change the bride, nothing selectable there.

The system broker got removed: [mqtt] Remove MQTT System Broker by jimtng · Pull Request #12157 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub / [mqtt] remove System Broker Thing from v3 binding · Issue #11848 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

For OH3 you must use a 3rd party MQTT Broker such as Mosquitto, installed outside of openHAB.

You then configure a Bridge Thing (mqtt:broker) and configure it so it connects to your external broker.

See here to follow these steps in action.

The openHAB system MQTT broker/bridge has been completely removed.

1 Like

I upgraded to M2 and systeem broker is still in the settings

Screenshot 2022-03-04 at 09.14.46

Interesting. You may want to report that on GitHub, as the release notes for M2 suggest it should have been completely removed.

But even so, the system broker was removed at the start of OH3. The Thing system broker/bridge should have been removed in 3.3 M2.

Reported this on github
https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/issues/1374