MQTT Thing Channel

Hello.
I’m using MQTT Binding 3.0.2 and I’ve got a problem setting up a channel/item for a SONOFF switch.
Yesterday I thought that everything was okay, but today I found out that the switch-item wasn’t updating. I could use it though.
Today I did another test with a channel configured as (Number). I can see in the Log that it’s updating, but now the switch doesn’t work at all (no update, no message on the broker).

So if one of you guys might have an idea what I’m missing I would be greatful to hear about it.

Todays attempt:
Channel configuration is (number):
State Topic: /tasmota/tele/tasmota_2A922F/Switch01/ZbReceived
Command Topic: /tasmota/cmnd/tasmota_2A922F/ZbSend
Incoming Value Transformation: JSONPATH:$.Switch01.Power
Outgoing Value Format: {“Device”:“Switch01”,“Send”:{“Power”:“%s”}}

Item configuration:
Type: Switch/Point

Yesterdays attempt (usable, but not updating when triggered remotely):
Channel configuration (switch):
State Topic: /tasmota/tele/tasmota_2A922F/Switch01/ZbReceived
Command Topic: /tasmota/cmnd/tasmota_2A922F/ZbSend
Custom On/Open Value: 1
Custom Off/Closed Value: 0
Incoming Value Transformation: JSONPATH:$.Switch01.Power
Outgoing Value Format: {“Device”:“Switch01”,“Send”:{“Power”:“%s”}}

Item configuration:
Type: Switch/Point

Why is it that things always start working AFTER I post in the forum - I don’t know.

So what did I do? I went back to yesterdays configuration (channel as switch). I then tried:
Custom On/Open Value: ON
Custom Off/Closed Value: OFF
…with no luck.

So I configred it back to:
Custom On/Open Value: 1
Custom Off/Closed Value: 0
…and now I’m getting updates when the state of the switch changed remotely.

Just out of curiosity? Which version of Tasmota? Which sort of Switch?

I would expect a “/stat/” topic for stateTopic, “/tele/” is for cyclic publish.

Sure.
Tasmota 12.0.2,
SONOFF ZBMINI

All Devices seem to be using the tele-channel.
grafik

Ah.
But that’s not a simple Switch, but Switch, which is capable tu use Zigbee…

To me it’s just a simple switch :laughing:
I wanted to try this one out since the input reacts on state changes and the frequency should be able to cover bigger distances (my garden).
Anyway, the problems that I faced weren’t related to SONOFF or Zigbee but to the MQTT Thing channel configuration of my outdated Openhab.

Yes, my point is, there is a huge difference in how the Tasmota software will use the hardware… and that’s a little bit confusing :wink:

Well, yeah, a lot of confusing things are going on here for sure. One of the reasons why I went down the Zigbee road was because of those neat little PIR-Sensors. Those devices I can’t build myself especially not with a low powerconsumption like that. But setting up the bridge, the sensors and the time I spent on integrating them might as well taken as much time as building someting from scratch :rofl:
I wished they would be as easy as Shelly.

1 Like