MQTT2 - Split Bridge from Things in seperate files(?)

Hi,
after decision to make a smooth transition to v3, i now start to organize the files a little more structured.
Something i did not like moving to MQTT2 is the fact that in my case i define bridge and the channels but did put ALL channels in the same file…

I would like to have e.g. a Bridge file and more seperate file defining the Channels related to this bridge…is this somehow possible or it HAS to be all related to a bridge in the same file within {} of the related bridge?

Regards
Norbert

Bridge mqtt:broker:mosquitto [ host="192.168.1.xxx",port=xxxx,secure=false,clientID="xxxxx" ] {
    Thing topic z2m "zigbee2mqtt" {
    Channels:
        Type string : TradfriSwitch01 "TradfriSwitch#01 [%s]" [ stateTopic="/z2m/Tradfri_Switch01", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.action" ]
        Type number : TradfriSwitch01_battery "TradfriSwitch#01 [%d %%]" [ stateTopic="/z2m/Tradfri_Switch01", transformationPattern="JSONPATH:$.battery" ]

Example

1 Like

ah OK. thanks…so i have to define the exact Broker in the seperate things file…
like: mqtt:topic:myMQTTBroker:Absorbar

Well, yes, you wouldn’t want it guessing which broker to use, so you have to tell it the broker’s unique ID.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.