Multi-room audio

I’ve already checked that solution but hifi berries are only 25w amps. Isnt that too low for a decent pair of 50W speaker per zone?

Ill check on that aspect. Thanks for the hint.

depends on what you looking to achieve . if it is just for back ground music I don’t think it should be a problem.

I think i’ve made my stand with the RPI+Hifiberry amp solution.
Just noticed that the Hifiberry Amp2 is out and can be ordered, so I’ve got 1 on the way. I’ll test is with 2 car speakers with volumio and a RPI3B+. The Amp2 can do 60W RMS so getting a decent speaker is not a problem anymore.

Thanks for the help guys btw!
If any1 is interested the solution and a more detailed setup with max2play/squeezebox and rpi+hifiberry amp, here is a great tutorial which i’ve found yesterday:

1 Like

In case you are interested, piCorePlayer provides an alternative to Max2Play with a much small footprint, less overhead and less features…just a player…but it is nicely optimized, flashes and boots quickly and does not write to the CD-Card: https://www.picoreplayer.org/

2 Likes

Once you are done and all running. Post on the following topic. A description and som pictures . Share it with the world.

What did you build/automated today (with pictures)?

1 Like

I use PiCorePlayer for a small boom box and it works flawlessly…

1 Like

I’ll, but the house is just getting built,so it will be a finished in Q1 2020. The 1 module setup will be done within a week or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

That will be fine. You can add all you have done till date of move in. We are also still building but as we build i get lots of wifey wishes. And i accept the challenges and diy the hell out of it.

Lol

Regards
Allen

Potrebbe esserti utile il nuovo sistema in guida din della Nuvo legrand art NV-P600

Hi this is a international form. english please

Another alternative is just installing squeezelite on any debian based distro. :wink:

Configuration is to be done in /etc/default/squeezelite

# Defaults for squeezelite initscript
# sourced by /etc/init.d/squeezelite
# installed at /etc/default/squeezelite by the maintainer scripts

# The name for the squeezelite player:
SL_NAME="$(hostname -s)"

# ALSA output device:
SL_SOUNDCARD="hw:CARD=sndrpihifiberry"

# Squeezebox server (Logitech Media Server):
# Uncomment the next line if you want to point squeezelite at the IP address of
# your squeezebox server. This is usually unnecessary as the server is
# automatically discovered.
SB_SERVER_IP="10.10.10.33"

# Additional options to pass to squeezelite:
# Please do not include -z to make squeezelite daemonise itself.
SB_EXTRA_ARGS="-m b8:27:eb:68:53:f6 -u E -f /var/log/squeezelite.log"

BTW, according to my opinion, a pi zero with the Hifiberry Mini Amp is sufficient for small rooms. I use it with two JBL Controls.

A nice Frontend for Android phones is Squeezer. It’s open source and similar to the original app, which is no longer supported.

1 Like

@allen
Sorry for mistake I sent the original Google translation. Here is the advice previously written in Italian. An interesting multiroom system could be this: Nuvo Player Legrand art NV-P600. 20 watts rms installation in the electrical panel. With Spotify it only sounds with a Premium subscription. For the cases you could use Garvan.

thanks for correcting

Hello
I’m also starting the journey with Multi-room audio, squezeebox was all the time my favorite option but recenty I saw on some Chinese portals arylic.com solution. It have competetive price (might be cheaper than rasbery + HiFi) and according to some YouTube tests works great. The only thing that I m not sure is the openhab support. Just wonder if anyone have chance to test this?

2 Likes

Is there a way with Squeezebox to play mutliroom from a line in? for example if I want to stream my TV or a Chromecast?

1 Like

In theory yes, saw information tha you need additional usb card for that.If this will work cannot confirm - thats was one of the reason that I starteted to investigating orher options, seems arylic by defauly support line in.

Whilst not strictly a multi-room setup, thought I’d share anyways.

I have a Pi 3 with a DigiAMP+ (from iqaudio.co.uk) running to 2 C165 Monitor Audio ceiling speakers running VolumIO.

Reason I bring it up is that I then use IFTTT and webhooks so that I can say “Alexa, trigger my music” which then plays a playlist I’ve created called “my music”. Have also setup a number of web radio URL’s on the player so can trigger these using Alexa too. Below is an example of turning the volume down using Alexa;

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:3000/api/v1/commands/?cmd=volume&volume=minus

where xx.xx.xx.xx is my external IP address.

Here’s a link to the VolumIO API for reference

https://volumio.github.io/docs/API/REST_API.html

Might help someone

another multi-room story share: https://davison.github.io/2019/03/09/multi-room-audio-I.html

It doesn’t mention in the write up, but the squeezebox players are also known to and controlled via OpenHAB, including as part of rules that turn them all off as part of an end of night lights-out button.

1 Like

Nice work :slight_smile: