What about a Multi Zone Home Alarm Script for openHAB?
Some people will claim that a Home alarm system should be a dedicated one to provide the highest security available. That might be true but some of us might not want to spend that extra money. Some of us already have scripts, more or less developed for doing this task using the existing sensors and devices available in openHAB.
I’ve been working with a Multi Zone Home Alarm Script for openHAB written in jsr223 jython. While it actually works fine at my installation it can probably be improved in many ways. I have tried to make it as generic as possible. I’ve given the project the name ideAlarm.
ideAlarm fetures in short:
- Suports multiple zones that can be managed independently of each other.
- Configuration in separate file
- Custom event helpers will let you script whatever should happen on your system at various alarm system events.
- Entry and exit delays
- 2 different arming modes (Home and Away)
- Individual sensor configuration with the possibility to create sensor functions
- Built in “nagging feature” that will harass you (by sound notification etc) when you have unlocked door/open windows. Nagging can be set per sensor.
- Provides an item for each alarm zone defined that constantly tracks number of open sensors. You may use this for scripting. (Why not turn on a red lamp whenever a door is unlocked?!)
- More …
To install ideAlarm, you should already have some skills when it comes to openHAB, jython scripting, debugging and the linux environment in general. Of you find an issue, please report it here.