Multiple Bulbs in one Alexa Thing

Hi there,

I will control four Hue bulbs with Alexa. But in Alexa should only be one thing visible.

Example:
One lamp with four Huw bulbs -> Alexa shows only “Livingroom Light”

Is it possible to group four bulbs together to one Alexa “Thing” with groups an not building blocks api?

Here is my code so far:

//Deckenlmape
Group DeckenlampeWZ "Deckenlampe Wohnzimmer" {alexa="Endpoint.light"}

//Deckenlampe rechts
Group DeckenlampeR "Deckenlampe rechts" 
Dimmer DeckenlampeRWeis "Deckenlampe rechts Weis" (DeckenlampeR, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:23:brightness", alexa="BrightnessController.brightness,PowerController.powerState"}
Dimmer DeckenlampeRTemp "Deckenlampe rechts Temp" (DeckenlampeR, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:23:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}

//Deckenlampe mitte rechts
Group DeckenlampeMR "Deckenlampe mitte rechts" 
Dimmer DeckenlampeMRWeis "Deckenlampe mitte rechtsWeis" (DeckenlampeMR, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:21:brightness", alexa="BrightnessController.brightness,PowerController.powerState"}
Dimmer DeckenlampeMRTemp "Deckenlampe mitte rechts Temp" (DeckenlampeMR, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:21:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}

//Deckenlampe mitte links
Group DeckenlampeML "Deckenlampe mitte links" 
Dimmer DeckenlampeMLWeis "Deckenlampe mitte links Weis" (DeckenlampeML, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:24:brightness", alexa="BrightnessController.brightness,PowerController.powerState"}
Dimmer DeckenlampeMLTemp "Deckenlampe mitte links Temp" (DeckenlampeML, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:24:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}

//Deckenlampe links
Group DeckenlampeL "Deckenlampe links" 
Dimmer DeckenlampeLWeis "Deckenlampe links Weis" (DeckenlampeL, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:22:brightness", alexa="BrightnessController.brightness,PowerController.powerState"}
Dimmer DeckenlampeLTemp "Deckenlampe links Temp" (DeckenlampeL, DeckenlampeWZ) {channel="hue:0220:ecb5fa1dc19f:22:color_temperature", alexa="ColorTemperature.colorTemperatureInKelvin"}

Thanks
Nils

In the Alexa app you can try adding a routine to control all four bulbs, assuming they are discovered in the app.

What about putting then in an OH group and controlling the group?

I tryed it with a group nur Alexa say server and/or device unreachable.

The idea with the routine is good, but that way i have all bulbs in Alexa. I try to have only a lamp in there for all bulbs.

You can have multiple routines in the app and name them accordingly.

Did you define the group as a Lamp (or Switch)?

As an Endpoint.light. But I dont have a Channel for the group because the group should control my bulbs within the group.

But Alexa say No connection to server or divice.

Create a proxy item so you have a channel and a rule to control the group with that item.

1 Like

You can use the example I mentioned below to model your setup accordingly. You need proxy group items for each channel.

@jeshab
Perfect. That is it.

Thank you.

1 Like

That is what I meant but I assumed the OP knew the OH concept that Items are linked to Thing Channels and not Things.