Music network streamer for integration with openHAB

I’m looking for a music network streamer for integration with openHAB. I’m looking for something in mid to high range. I currently have Denon DRA-100 and I want to replace it with something without its problems (openHAB side works fine). Ideally the network streamer should come with an integrated amplifier, like Rotel S14 (apparently it has no network control). If you use a device you’re happy with - please share the details. I’m struggling to find anything that ticks all the boxes…

By network streamer I understand a device that allows to play music from internet radio stations, beside other sources of sound.

P.S. I´m starting to pick home equipment with criteria No. 1: “can it be controlled by openHAB?”. I can’t tell if it’s good or bad…

Hello,

I am very happy with Yamaha Musiccast
(MusicCast - Yamaha - Deutschland).

You can find everything up to high-end there.

Greetings Severin

1 Like

I think of “works with openHAB” as a feature that is sometimes required and sometimes optional. For an audio streamer, I’d personally consider it to be a requirement. Same goes for a temperature sensor or a light switch.

Then there’s my Nest Protect, which is generally considered to be one of the best smoke detectors on the market. Admittedly, I bought mine before I started using openHAB, but it’s so good at its job that the lack of integration doesn’t bother me at all. openHAB is optional.

Similarly, I can connect my LG washer/dryer and dishwasher to openHAB, but I didn’t find that I gained anything from doing so. So, I’ve left them out of my system.

1 Like