My OH3 UI Experience so far

Hi @snapjack

Really nice setup, I’d like to achieve something similar. Could you also share not only the widget configuration but also the Textual files where you define your items and groups? That would be very nice :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you

1 Like

thanks for posting/sharing, but please please learn how to use code fences.

How to use code fences - Tutorials & Examples - openHAB Community

thx for the tip. Edited the post

How did you manage to get all your things shown in the UI under Equipment (Geräte). I assume that you only assigned the channels of the thing as points in the semantic model (rooms), but never assigned the thing as equipment in the semantic model?

Maybe you could send some screenshots of your things and model. Thanks!

I’m interested in that too.

Just use all the “Equipment” tags from this post for your items: HABot Walkthrough (2/n): Semantic Tagging & Item Resolving (see the screenshot in the post). You have to choose: Is your item a “Equipment” or is it a “Property”? Your item will be shown only in one category. Example: I tag the main lights of my rooms as [“Light”] so they show in “Properties”. But some effect lights as [“Lightbulb”] and it will show up under “Equipment”.

My items are always created as properties using “Create points from thing” in the semantic model. Can I somehow change the item from “Property” to “Equipment”? Thanks!

First change it to None, then open the list again and you will have the complete list including all types.

1 Like

What properties must the photos have so that they can be displayed as clearly as a background?
Height: ? px
Width:? px
Resolution: ? dpi

I’ve tried a lot but my background images are always blurry :roll_eyes:

Is that widgetOrder something to be used for other UIs as well? Currently trying to work on the BasicUI (knowing that the new UI might be a better fit …) as I like working with Groups but they always get randomly sorted. By now I’d sort them by name which would of course be second best over controlling it with some metadata.

This works to force the order within a group.
But how to sort the groups within one location:
These are sorted from A to Z (Alexa, Harmony - see below)

I would have thought putting widgetOrder metadata on the equipment groups themselves worked? (IIRC)

Edit: it does indeed work.
By the way, the order of the nodes in the Model treeview will also use the widgetOrder metadata. So they’re ordered alphabetically in general, but if you have stuff to promote to the top you can give the items a widget order index and it will be reflected in that treeview too.

1 Like

That’s great!
Thank you, Yannick.
I will play around with it.

I found an issue with
widgetOrder=

whenever widgetOrder is greater than 9, the resulting order will be (in my case 16 in total):

2 Likes

Nice, using lexicographical sorting for numbers is at least funny :grinning:

1 Like

That really looks great and I started to tag everything in my item files as well.
I like your properties-images (Feuchtigkeit, Lautstärke and such).
Would you mind sharing them or provide a link where you found them?

I wouldn’t consider this an issue but a hidden feature. I actually use two digits to represent the widget order at each level, so for a root level order I have 01,02,03…09,10,11,12 and for the next level down I have 0101,0102,0103…

This ensures the order of widgets that span levels

I started to do this as well, but thanks a lot for your 4 digit approach.
That’s a great idea!

Nice UI :+1:. I also noticed you integrated Sennheiser Ambeo, which binding did you use for that?

I used the Logitech harmony binding. For absolute volume control I used the. Chromecast binding.