My.openHAB support in openHAB 2

I have an issue that my.openhab shows offline.

I have put the UUID and the secret in.

Is there anything else i need to do? I know with openhab 1 i had to change a parameter to External

Are there any myopnehab messages in your log?

Nothing in the logs,
I ran log:set DEBUG org.openhab.io.myopenhab
I restarted it
Then ran log:display org.openhab.io.myopenhab

nothing was returned.

Have you enable the bundle in the paperui ? Its under extensions -> misc

Yes it is enabled, I found the following in the logs?

2016-06-05 10:14:09.731 [DEBUG] [o.myopenhab.internal.MyOpenHABClient] - No connection, Item update is not sent

hi @masto182 I missed your last reply, sorry about that. Did you ever get this resolved?

Thatā€™s ok Dan.

I actually re-installed raspian and openHAB2.0.0 b3 and followed the installation method in the documentation site.

It now works for me, Thanks for the asking.

Iā€™m not sure if I understand how to install my.openhab for openhab2.

I went to extension, misc, I tuned on my.openhab

yet I donā€™t find a place where I should add the uuid or the secret.
I donā€™t find a userdata folder (Iā€™m not so familiar with debian, so thatā€™s probably the root cause )

How did you install OpenHAB?
Itā€™s either via apt -get or "manually. In case of the later you should know in which folder OpenHAB is installed. There you can find the folder Userdata, the UUID file will be directly in there. The secret is in /Userdata/myopenhab.

Ubuntu stores the required files under /var/lib/openhab2

UUID /var/lib/openhab2/uuid
Secret /var/lib/openhab2/myopenhab/secret

Should be similar under debian

Thomas

1 Like

thanks to @Dibbler42 I found UUID in /var/lib/openhab2/ (and the secret in /var/lib/openhab2/myopenhab/secret)
so no Userdata folder (which explains why I did not find it)

And all configuration files are under etc/openhab2. so I had only been scanning var/lib/openhab2 for a UserDaat folder not for a MyOpenhab folder :frowning:

so I added the correct secret to my openhab account (the uuid I had found already from the logs)

is that the only thing to do?

After doing that, I restarted my openhab, and I guess during the start he tries to connect to my openhab.
Now it works.

Nice.

thanks to @Dibbler42 I found UUID in /var/lib/openhab2/ (and the secret in /var/lib/openhab2/myopenhab/secret)
so no Userdata folder (which explains why I did not find it)

And all configuration files are under etc/openhab2. so I had only been scanning var/lib/openhab2 for a UserDaat folder not for a MyOpenhab folder :frowning:

so I added the correct secret to my openhab account (the uuid I had found already from the logs)

is that the only thing to do?

This is exactly where I am, I have added both of those things to the my.openhab site, but it does not show a connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try searching this forum for instructions on getting the latest Oracle Java. Had the same connectivity issue - online, nothing updated. Folllowing the instructions updated Java to get everything working. The one in debian repos is outdated so apt-get update is not a solution

Hi,

This my.openhab document refers to openhab.cfg. Where is it located? Or do i need to manually create one in /conf/services/ in openahab 2? Thanks

When I open Paper UI and go to page Extensions/Misc I see my.openHAB in the list. When clicking on install I see in the logfile:

2016-11-08 15:18:22.419 [INFO ] [internal.service.FeaturesServiceImpl] - Adding features: openhab-misc-myopenhab/[2.0.0.SNAPSHOT,2.0.0.SNAPSHOT]
2016-11-08 15:18:25.004 [ERROR] [st.core.extensions.ExtensionResource] - Exception while installing extension: org.apache.karaf.features.internal.util.MultiException: Error

i can find the uuid in the folder userdata.
but there is no folder myopenhab.
can anyone say me how to get a scret?

First: Donā€™t mix up my.openhab and myopenhab! This is an old thread regarding the old my.openhab service (which isnā€™t available anymore).

The new service is myopenhab (and I think you are talking about this).

Have you installed the OpenHAB Cloud Connector?

And based on your installation method (manually or apt-get), the files are in different folder. But I just recognized that the appropriate link runs into a file not found! @ThomDietrich, @MARZIMA: Could you have a look at myopenhab.org. The link for the openHAB2.0 installation is broken.

Just for a short time. Link working again :wink:

As you said, my.openHAB has been replaced by myopenHAB. All information can be found behind the below link. Iā€™ll close this thread. If anyone has problems or questions regarding myopenHAB, please use the search function, comment in the thread linked above or create a new one.

http://docs.openhab.org/addons/io/openhabcloud/readme.html

1 Like