My struggle with Zwave.. HEEEEELP

Try watching the log (tail -f) while you manually wake it up? When it wakes up, you should see activity from node 4.

The manual explains how to wake up the device.

I have checked all zwave logs, and i see only the report that i set the wake up interval:

I will try again @mhilbush, it should press all 4 buttons for 5 seconds and then press button 2.
for completeness here are the settings for it in paper ui:

you know what?
I kept on pressing the wrong button for the wake up…
I pressed 3 instead of 2 :roll_eyes:

Now it shows the battery level, only thing is, why it doesn’t get woken up by the wake up interval.

Maybe it has not been set? If you have not woken up the device properly in the past, it could well be that the device has not been configured properly (ie you may have set the configuration in the UI, but it won’t be transferred to the device until you wake the device up - if you weren’t actually waking it up, then…).

Now that you can manually wake it up, try setting the wake up interval again. Watch the logs to make sure the new wake up interval is sent to the device. Then watch the logs to make sure it is waking up.

I also see there’s a “Wake up is possible” config parameter. Set that, then watch the logs to make sure it is sent to the device.

That would make sense indeed @chris
I have set it to 5 minutes, i will check the logs.

btw there is no node 4 in my controller config i see?

the “wake up is possible” is set and the battery report on wake up is send to the same node as wake up notifcation, the wake up node is 1, and wake up interval is 300 seconds on the wallc-s thing setup.

On the controller wake up period is set to Every Hour.

I’m not sure if that’s an issue is it? This is a list of neighbours - maybe it’s not a neighbour of the controller? Or, it might just be that this list is not really correct as you are on an old binding that doesn’t implement this properly.

Ok @chris, does setting the wake up interval on the wallc-s to 300 seconds even matter if the controller is on Every Hour?

Yes - the controller doesn’t have a wakeup interval as such. The wakeup interval is a function of the device itself that is implementing the wakeup class.

Then its failing to do so i think, cause i set it to 300 seconds, and that was 20 minutes ago.

Do you have a log showing the wakeup interval being set?

Something isn’t right in there somewhere, and I don’t think it is being set. I would at this point suggest to update to a more recent binding (2.4 M4 or the 2.4 snapshot). Then, if there are still problems, we can resolve them. At the moment, the binding you’re using will be very old - basically a year or more, so given there’s something not right, we should get you on the latest rev.

yeah, probably best, then i can use the things file as well.

I’m also having some struggles. I have a fresh install of Openhab and testing if 3 different z-wave devices will work. One works, the CA3500 outlet, and the other 2 get the unknown device error. They are Honeywell ZW4002 and Inovelli NZW31. I see these 2 in the database but I can never get them to the point where I can control them with Openhab like I can with the CA3500. What can I try?

EUREKA!!! it works :smiley:

September 2016 I started this thread… After help from Chris I finally got it all to work. 2 weeks ago a disk in my server crashed and I saw that as a nice opportunity to " start from scratch" of course I had a backup of my /etc/openhab2 setup and from that I only copied rules, items. sitemaps, etc.

As I installed 2.3 from RPM I had the same struggle as back then. It did not matter how many times I manually woke up my wall-c switches, it just was not picked up in openhab2

So I took the the forum and revisited this thread just to see that it was “revived” and I saw the mention of the zwave 2.4 dev version. Installed it, removed the zwave things, did a rediscover and woke-up one of the switches manually immediately it was updated from Unknown to Wall-C!

Thanks @chris!

1 Like