My struggle with Zwave.. HEEEEELP

Something isn’t right in there somewhere, and I don’t think it is being set. I would at this point suggest to update to a more recent binding (2.4 M4 or the 2.4 snapshot). Then, if there are still problems, we can resolve them. At the moment, the binding you’re using will be very old - basically a year or more, so given there’s something not right, we should get you on the latest rev.

yeah, probably best, then i can use the things file as well.

I’m also having some struggles. I have a fresh install of Openhab and testing if 3 different z-wave devices will work. One works, the CA3500 outlet, and the other 2 get the unknown device error. They are Honeywell ZW4002 and Inovelli NZW31. I see these 2 in the database but I can never get them to the point where I can control them with Openhab like I can with the CA3500. What can I try?

EUREKA!!! it works :smiley:

September 2016 I started this thread… After help from Chris I finally got it all to work. 2 weeks ago a disk in my server crashed and I saw that as a nice opportunity to " start from scratch" of course I had a backup of my /etc/openhab2 setup and from that I only copied rules, items. sitemaps, etc.

As I installed 2.3 from RPM I had the same struggle as back then. It did not matter how many times I manually woke up my wall-c switches, it just was not picked up in openhab2

So I took the the forum and revisited this thread just to see that it was “revived” and I saw the mention of the zwave 2.4 dev version. Installed it, removed the zwave things, did a rediscover and woke-up one of the switches manually immediately it was updated from Unknown to Wall-C!

Thanks @chris!

1 Like