My struggle with Zwave.. HEEEEELP

zwave.log is here

Is this node 4 - as per your earlier log, or is it a different node? There is nothing sent or received from Node 4 in this log as the device has not been awake

Yes it is Node 4 @chris

Ok, then as above, there is nothing sent or received to/from node 4 in this log
 Generally, the issue is that you need to wake up the device, or it needs to wake itself up, before anything will be transferred.

Ok, then thats weird, since i set it to wake up every 5 minutes in paper ui.

Try watching the log (tail -f) while you manually wake it up? When it wakes up, you should see activity from node 4.

The manual explains how to wake up the device.

I have checked all zwave logs, and i see only the report that i set the wake up interval:

I will try again @mhilbush, it should press all 4 buttons for 5 seconds and then press button 2.
for completeness here are the settings for it in paper ui:

you know what?
I kept on pressing the wrong button for the wake up

I pressed 3 instead of 2 :roll_eyes:

Now it shows the battery level, only thing is, why it doesn’t get woken up by the wake up interval.

Maybe it has not been set? If you have not woken up the device properly in the past, it could well be that the device has not been configured properly (ie you may have set the configuration in the UI, but it won’t be transferred to the device until you wake the device up - if you weren’t actually waking it up, then
).

Now that you can manually wake it up, try setting the wake up interval again. Watch the logs to make sure the new wake up interval is sent to the device. Then watch the logs to make sure it is waking up.

I also see there’s a “Wake up is possible” config parameter. Set that, then watch the logs to make sure it is sent to the device.

That would make sense indeed @chris
I have set it to 5 minutes, i will check the logs.

btw there is no node 4 in my controller config i see?

the “wake up is possible” is set and the battery report on wake up is send to the same node as wake up notifcation, the wake up node is 1, and wake up interval is 300 seconds on the wallc-s thing setup.

On the controller wake up period is set to Every Hour.

I’m not sure if that’s an issue is it? This is a list of neighbours - maybe it’s not a neighbour of the controller? Or, it might just be that this list is not really correct as you are on an old binding that doesn’t implement this properly.

Ok @chris, does setting the wake up interval on the wallc-s to 300 seconds even matter if the controller is on Every Hour?

Yes - the controller doesn’t have a wakeup interval as such. The wakeup interval is a function of the device itself that is implementing the wakeup class.

Then its failing to do so i think, cause i set it to 300 seconds, and that was 20 minutes ago.

Do you have a log showing the wakeup interval being set?