MyOpenhab Cloud shows Offline

Hello,

This is my first question I ever asked here in the community. So I appologize if I make any mistake.
I have been reading so many articles regarding this issue, but nothing seems to solve my problem.

I’m running OpenHab2 on a RPi 2 with Raspian. I installed OpenHab2 using apt-get.
Everything is working fine so far, except the myopenhab cloud connection.
On the website my instance is always shown as Offline.

I have created an account and verfified the mail. I rebooted several times. Logged In/Out several times.
Ceated an new account. Verfified again. Tripple checked the uuid and secret.

I have Oracle Java 8 installed.

java version "1.8.0"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)

In the log I see no errors. Only when I change the log level from INFO to DEBUG for io.socket I see the following entries

12:14:28.107 [DEBUG] [io.socket.engineio.client.Socket ] - creating transport 'polling’
12:14:28.115 [DEBUG] [io.socket.engineio.client.Socket ] - setting transport polling
12:14:28.120 [DEBUG] [t.engineio.client.transports.Polling] - polling
12:14:28.125 [DEBUG] [ngineio.client.transports.PollingXHR] - xhr poll
12:14:28.126 [DEBUG] [ngineio.client.transports.PollingXHR] - xhr open GET: https://myopenhab.org/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling
12:14:28.128 [DEBUG] [ngineio.client.transports.PollingXHR] - sending xhr with url https://myopenhab.org/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling | data null
12:14:28.295 [DEBUG] [io.socket.engineio.client.Socket ] - socket error io.socket.engineio.client.EngineIOException: xhr poll error
12:14:28.305 [DEBUG] [io.socket.engineio.client.Socket ] - socket close with reason: transport error
12:14:28.306 [DEBUG] [t.engineio.client.transports.Polling] - transport not open - deferring close

Could this be related to the fact that I’m using DS-Lite? I don’t believe so, right?
I have no more ideas what I can check. Any help is more than appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Christoph

Christoph,

I had a similar problem. Double-check that your Cloud Connector is still installed. Mine has a tendency to uninstall itself.

Hi,

Cloud connector was still there, but I had no luck.
This is why I installed openhabian distro. Now it works just fine.

Regards,

Christoph

You are on an old java version, the first line needs to read:
java version "1.8.0_101"
or above.

Interesting. I tought that _101 is the build number and I’m above that as mentioned in the second line 1.8.0-b132.
But this makes totally sense.

Thank you for the clarification.