myopenHAB replaces my.openHAB!

Lets track your issue at the openhab cloud space, not in this thread. I willtry to help.

Soā€¦ since the openhabcloud:expose= line is in the configuration file, does that mean Iā€™m going to have to restart the entire OpenHAB server every single time I want to expose another item?

Isnā€™t there a better way?

Sure there is: Edit the file and donā€™t restart the server.

1 Like

Ah, I didnā€™t realize the config file is re-read on the fly!

Iā€™ll have to try that this week.

Is there an expected date for the Alexa skill? I just got a Dot for Christmas and am looking to try it out! If there an official skill coming that avoids messing around setting up from source Iā€™d like to do that!

Merry Christmas!

We have submitted it to Amazon a few weeks ago already and are waiting for the approval. Amazon unfortunately does not provide any ETA :frowning:
We will announce it here as soon as it is available, no worries.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am new to this community forum and am trying to migrate to the new myopenhab cloud service.
I think I have everything in order and both local and remote iOS screens are working.
However, I canā€™t see any item activity on myopenhab. Am I correct in assuming that if there were items updating on the my.openhab site than this should be happening through the new service?

thanks

No. In my.openhab you used to have a myopenhab.persist file which according to the settings transferred your item states to the cloud.

In the new openhab cloud connector binding you need to expose each individual item to the cloud:

in openHAB1: openHAB Cloud Connector Ā· openhab/openhab1-addons Wiki Ā· GitHub
openhabcloud:expose=item1,item2,ā€¦

in openHAB2:
PaperUI ā†’ Configuration ā†’ Services ā†’ openHAB Cloud ā†’ Configure ā†’ Expet Mode ā†’ expose ā€¦

Great thanks, got it working and can now see items in IFTTT!! (after I remembered to remove #, doh)

Thanks for the helpā€¦ Now I also have it working in OH2. This should be fixed!

I have solved my 401 unauthorized error. The hint was that the registered email address is case sensitive. I think this should be written in the docs, for me it is very unusual that a log in name has this behavior.

It depends: local or domain name:

The local-part of a mailbox
MUST BE treated as case sensitive. Therefore, SMTP implementations
MUST take care to preserve the case of mailbox local-parts. Mailbox
domains are not case sensitive.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt

in the PaperUI I canā€™t uninstall my.openhabā€¦ when i click on uninstall itā€™s turn around infinitely ā€¦
I try to restart Openhab and iā€™m still unable to uninstall it

EDDIT : I just test and I canā€™t install any add-on too

Are there any issues with myopenhab at the moment? I noticed this already yesterday. www.myopenhab.org was accessible, but a login results in a timeout. And remote access with the app also didnā€™t work.

When I tried again later, it worked again. But today itā€™s the same issue.

Isnā€™t the whole service now hosted on AWS to prevent downtimes?

I can confirm Iā€™m having the same issue.
504 Gateway Timeout.

EDIT: Was attempting to login with a my.openHAB account. Successfullly created and validated my new account and could log in fine.

For those struggling to find their UUID and Secret. Mine, (APT install on Raspberry Pi) were located at:
/var/lib/openhab2/uuid
/var/lib/openhab2/openhabcloud/secret

I have the same problem. Fresh install, enable the cloud connector, register for an account on myopenhab.org and then it reports my openhab as offline and ā€˜using 1.xā€™ā€¦

help!

thx

@pieter_de_troyer:

Which OH version (1 or 2)? If OH2, which version (Beta or snapshot)?
Which Java version?
Have you confirmed the registration email?
ā€œUsing 1.xā€ is normal (even if you use 2.0), as long as it hasnā€™t connected for the first time.
Some people report that it stays offline until they exposed at least one item to myopenhab (can be done in PaperUI if you are using OH2)

Correct, but I agree that this is pretty confusing, so I have just entered an issue for it.

The best thing to do is to look at your local log files to see whether the connection has been established and if not, why not.

found the problem in the mean time, was about to update the post here:
I installed on raspberry pi, and apparently it has an older version of the jdk. The solution was mentioned here:

Using openhab 2 btw.