myopenHAB replaces my.openHAB!

Hello guys,

Im having a problem as myopenHAB says i’m using 1.x version which is not the case and it doesn’t see me online as well.

In the log i get a warning that im using java 8_065 while it requires 8_101…
But it is just a warning.

Any ideas?

yes, I have an idea! Update Java! :wink:

Seriously…if you have 1.8.065 installed, myopenhab will not work. You need 101 at least.

1 Like

org.eclipse.smarthome.core.net ?

2016-12-15 22:20:08.357 [ERROR] [org.openhab.io.openhabcloud         ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.io.openhabcloud
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.openhabcloud [234]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.net

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.2.v20150203-1939.jar:]

Please be aware that with openHAB Cloud Connector, you should use your existing UUID and there is a secret in the openhabcloud directory, which you need to add to your account at myopenhab.org.

@Mohamed_Negm you will need to update your java to a newer version, since myopenhab.org uses Lets encrypt and older Java versions dont support it/have problems.

dumb question…

How do we disable my.openhab once we have myopenhab working?

Tom

Just uninstall the my.openhab add-on in the usual way. In oh 1.x delete the jar file from the addons folder. In oh 2 remove it from addons.cfg, uninstall from PaperUI, Habmin, or the karaf console, as appropriate.

Note that the my openHAB.persist file is no longer used and can be deleted.

Working really nicely. Great job!

1 Like

@keule Which OH version are you running and how did you install the connector bundle?

I used the last OH2-snapshot and installed the bundle in the “addons” directory .

That the oh1 add-on. Use the Paper Ui

Kai wrote that my.openHAB will shut down on January 31st. What is then with OH2 ?
I don’t want to make panic, but for me is the year 2017 is OpenHab-v.2 and not v.1.8 or v.1.9 :wink:

I must be being dumb, but where is the download for the new connector for OH2?

PaperUI -> Extensions -> misc

i have a completely fresh installation of OH2. I can not find new myopenhab connector in PaperUI -> Extensions -> misc.

Andre,
It’s listed as “openHAB Cloud Connector”. You don’t see it?

Will my 50+++ iftt rules still work after moving over? I am using “alexa trigger bedroom light on”, while waiting for the official skill.

Yes, if all goes well, IFTTT will be transferred from my.openhab to myopenhab tonight. If you have your items that you use in IFTTT exposed (in the new configuration), your existing rules should all continue to work.

I’m really not very smart, so can you give an example on how to expose these? I know the config has this:

# A comma-separated list of items to be exposed to external services like IFTTT.
# Events of those items are pushed to the openHAB Cloud and commands received for
# these items from the openHAB Cloud service are accepted and sent to the local bus.
# Optional, default is an empty list.
openhabcloud:expose=

So I need to list all lights,switches,etc that IFTTT interacts with as a comma separated list and that’s it?

Yes!

i have an issue with myopenhab.org website, i verified my account however whenever i login it reports "You are using openHAB 1.x. " while i am running on OH2, and whenever i try to access account section i receive "Internal Server Error"
i have already verified my account and in my openhab log it shows:
connected to the openHAB Cloud service (UUID = b5d5e26c-4c87-4317-b40e-d7124275d03f, base RL = http://localhost:8080)

is there any support or helpdesk for myopenhab.org i can contact ?