MySQL Persistence on Synology

Dear guys,

I have to following problem: I got my MySQL persistence running well with openHAB on my PC and MySQL / MariaDB on the synology. All tables were created well, values stored, all fine.
When I brought this config to my openHAB on the Synology all data is stored well in existing tables, but no new tables are created. Error like this:

11:51:52.146 ERROR o.o.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService[:256]- mySQL: Could not create table for item 'PM_EG_Kueche' with statement 'CREATE TABLE Item52 (Time DATETIME, Value null, PRIMARY KEY(Time));': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'null, PRIMARY KEY(Time))' at line 1

A kind of this was created well with running it on the PC…

What do I have to change? What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,
Ralph.

I have the same error on my Freenas system (FreeBSD) running openhab in a jail.
The error is related to a calculated item (in a rule). Other items are stored fine with mysql.

Does somebody have an idea what is wrong?

Please provide the item definition for the items that don’t work…

This is part of my config:

Item:

Number  power_actual_usage       "Actual usage [%.2f kW]" <energy> (BG_Meterkast) {mqtt="<[broker1:power/actual-usage:state:default]"}

Error message:

2015-09-01 04:22:00.323 [ERROR] [.p.m.i.MysqlPersistenceService] - mySQL: Could not create table for item 'power_actual_usage' with statement 'CREATE TABLE Item1 (Time DATETIME, **Value null**, PRIMARY KEY(Time));': You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'null, PRIMARY KEY(Time))' at line 1

I was wrong in my previous post that it was a calculated item.
However, the same value is stored using rrd4j and that seems to work well.

rrd4j.persist

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
Strategies {
    everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
    everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
    everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"

// if no strategy is specified for an item entry below, the default list will be used
    default = everyChange, everyUpdate
}

/* 
 * Each line in this section defines for which item(s) which strategy(ies) should be applied.
 * You can list single items, use "*" for all items or "groupitem*" for all members of a group
 * item (excl. the group item itself).
 */
Items {
    // persist all items once a day and on every change and restore them from the db at startup
    * : strategy = everyDay, restoreOnStartup

power_actual_usage: strategy = everyMinute;
    gas_cumulative_usage: strategy = everyMinute;

power_cumulative_usage_1:strategy = everyHour;
    power_cumulative_usage_2:strategy = everyHour;
}
mysql.persist

// persistence strategies have a name and a definition and are referred to in the "Items" section
    Strategies {
        everyMinute : "0 * * * * ?"
        everyHour   : "0 0 * * * ?"
        everyDay    : "0 0 0 * * ?"

// if no strategy is specified for an item entry below, the default list will be used
        default = everyChange, everyUpdate
    }

Items {
    // persist all items once a day and on every change and restore them from the db at startup
    * : strategy = everyDay, restoreOnStartup

power_actual_usage: strategy = everyMinute;
    gas_cumulative_usage: strategy = everyMinute;

power_cumulative_usage_1: strategy = everyHour;
    power_cumulative_usage_2: strategy = everyHour;
}

Its a bit strange that it’s a Number type. The null in the error message indicates that it hasn’t correctly picked up the data type. Is something else setting the data type incorrectly (eg in a rule)?

Can you take a look in the log and see if there’s an entry just before this error that starts with the following -:

mySQL: Use ItemType

Chris

I cannot find mySQL: Use Itemtype in the log. Therefor I ran openhab again with debugging on but I do not see the error message while creating the table (and table Item31 is created). Also with debugging off it works.
I cannot explain why it works now and not before.

@Chris: thanks for your help.